Oracle Database Administrator Job at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Administer and monitor Oracle and MS SQL Server databases;
- Coordinate and deploy DDL/DML changes to Oracle and MS SQL server databases;
- Perform database performance tuning;
- Plan, and implement security measures to safeguard databases;
- Prepare/maintain SQL Scripts to automate DBA tasks;
- Manage Oracle on Linux/UNIX and MS SQL Server on MS Windows Server;
- Document and execute against standard operating procedures;
- Install database patches;
- Configure and maintain disaster recovery databases;
- Clone and export databases to create new environments;
- Support data conversion;
- Support Oracle Applications DBA in maintaining Oracle EBS environment;
- Support Oracle Applications Developers and code deployment;
- Maintain database security;
- Ensure compliance with IITA Oracle license agreement;
- Control and monitor user access to the database;
- Contact Oracle Corporation for technical support;
- Other tasks possible assigned by the Automation project or line hierarchy.
- M.Sc in Computer Science/MIS/Engineering or its equivalent.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in Oracle Database Administrator with Linux/Unix.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience configuring and maintaining Oracle Dataguard/RAC/RMAN
- Have MS SQL Server database administration experience is an added advantage
- Have Oracle DBA or other relevant certification is an added advantage.
- Have organizational and documentation skills required.
- Have experience supporting critical systems.
- Have experience working with remote teams and ability to communicate effectively.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.