Forensic Investigator – Internal Control Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Forensic Investigator – Internal Control
Job ID: 34710
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank.
- This is an internal function which will drive the framework, oversight and monitoring of the control environment Head Office (HO) Units & Subsidiaries within the Group.
- He / She will work as an internal consultant to the business, to manage the Bank’s assets through effective risk management and control systems with an ultimate aim to mitigate risk in transactions and the underlying processes, in partnership with the HO units & Subsidiaries.
- The focus will be to mitigate operational risk through a number of control and monitoring processes. Important stakeholders include Internal Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk, IT, Business Management, amongst other Head Office Units & Subsidiaries within the group.
- The role holder will need to develop these relationships in order to maintain / establish efficient and robust operating models across all Head Office (HO) Units & Subsidiaries.
- He / She is also expected to build a strong control environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions and zero tolerance for control gaps, open GL Items, unreviewed / unauthorized transactions and income leakages.
- To support the Head, Head Office & Subsidiaries Control to strengthen the control environment in the Group by introducing new initiatives toward achieving an effective control system within the group; and ensure regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimize exposure to risk.
- Maintain a culture within the bank that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance of internal control to build strong awareness in staff on policy and procedures issues
- Identify and assess the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimising the operational risks.
- Review transaction tickets where applicable to ensure compliance in transactions processing and authorization and Investigation on Processing errors
- Conduct process walkthrough reviews / independent spot checks on Head Office Units & Subsidiaries and identifying problem areas and offering recommendations
- Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority, levels of access to systems/information and provide assurance of a strong compliance environment to ensure zero operational losses and no policy/regulatory infractions.
- Keep track of sensitive processes to ensure compliance with regulatory directives across Head Office & Subsidiaries
- Provide guidance on the required control mechanisms related to existing or new business processes and giving expert advice on HOSC Control issues.
- Prompt Rendition of control activity report weekly / monthly.
- Oversight function on Call over & KYC Compliance where applicable
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new products developments and business developments are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
- Improve functionality of the control processes by playing a full end to end role (identification, testing, reporting and implementation of initiatives).
- Support and work for the timely closure of findings raised by Internal and External Audit.
- Process documentation , review & alignment
- Continuous review and improvement of work processes within the unit.
- Reduction in Operational Loss as a percentage of Gross Income
- Resolution of overdue audit issues
- KYC Compliance
- Prompt rendition of High Quality HOSC weekly reports with minimal error
- Improved control environment through continuous and high level engagement
- Satisfactory rating in the Audit reviews and Internal Service Survey (ISS).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a 2.1 B.Sc. First Degree in Accounting, Risk Management, Banking or other social science related field.
- Professional qualification such as CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), ACIB, ACA, Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) and other relevant ones will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 4 years general banking experience, and/or investigative field; forensic auditing or operational loss control fields
- Ability to understand complex operation in the financial service sector
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and civil recovery procedure.
- Experience in litigation support would be advantageous
- Report writing and presentation skills Computer literacy.
- Have ability to work independently and with minimum –supervision
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in giving evidence in court or other tribunals
- Good internal and external communication skills with all stakeholders
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Risk identification and assessment skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Be committed to championing best practice, and positively supporting business and cultural changes within the bank.