Recruitment For Engineer, Power at 9Mobile
9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Power
- Provideon-site technical and operational support in the implementation, design,development, installation and maintenance of M &E equipment including dieselgenerators, ATS/ AMF panels, gear switches, rectifiers and battery systems,UPS, inverters, PDF/ APD panels and HVAC, Implementation of 2G,3G, LTE andTransmission such as Micro wave and fibre optics.
- Conduct complex site surveys to develop base or installation design plans, includingpreparation of power system device evaluation, protective device co-ordinationand arc flash studies.
- Survey and Implementation of Power and BSS designs.
- Survey and Implementation of 2G, 3G and 4G RAN designs.
- Survey and Implementation of transmission design for micro wave and fiber optics
- Ensure that RAN projects (BSS and Power) are implemented according to best/efficienttime line, cost and quality.
- Design power system facilities and equipment and co-ordinate construction, operationand maintenance of electric power generating, receiving and distributionstations, transmission lines and distribution systems and equipment whichprovide support during critical network incidents
- Facilitate and ensure 100% power availability at all network sites.
- Track power outages with the view of driving continuous improvement in networkavailability and service quality (root cause analysis)
- Design,plan and implement layout of generating plants, power transmission anddistribution lines
- Work with both in-house team and contractors to implement all preventive andcorrective maintenance activities
- Update technical documentation, drawings and operational logs pertaining toconstruction and maintenance activities
- Prepare drawings on specific types of equipment and materials to be used inconstruction and equipment installation.
- Implement power plan and design in our RAN project.
- Ensure that SLAs and project time lines are achieved in RAN projects
- React to emergency faults and ensure that all faults and snags are rectified promptlywithin contracted SLAs
- Conduct regular audit of M & E installations for BTS, BSC MGW and data centres
- Complete and submit reports covering all job activities
- Estimate labour, material, construction and equipment costs
- Inspect completed installations for compliance with design and equipment specificationsand safety standards.
- RANimplementation work.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the 2G/3G Manager Region 3
- First degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Two (2) years postNYSC experience
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
- High Voltage/ low voltage/Extra low voltage. Systems Engineering
- Engineering Installation
- BSS experience
- 2G, 3G and LTE experience.
- Micro wave and fiber optics
- Problem Solving
- Personal Effectiveness
- Passion for Excellence
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply