Ship Manning & Progression Officer Job at NLNG Ship Management Limited
NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in the capacity below:
Job Title: Ship Manning & Progression Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Grade: Officer
- To maximize the utilization of NSML seafarers to ensure statutory safe manning levels and relief planning, and overall co-ordination of logistics for implementing all Crew Changes.
Job Duties (The duties will include, but are not limited to the following)
- Plan shipboard assignments for assigned BGT ships and ensure all stakeholders’ interests are met whilst ensuring that the vessels are adequately manned in line with Flag state requirements.
- Implement Crew Changes and ensure adherence to, uniform interpretation and application of approved policies and procedures for seafarers
- Assist in the development and implementation of NSML policies and procedures and provision of professional advice and guidance to appropriate line managers and seafarers on shipboard personnel related issues.
- Investigate, recommend and implement strategies for improved performance and increased Officers’ availability for sea service.
- Undertake ship visits to Nigerian Officers on board and respond to issues/concern raised by Officers/Cadets with view to creating a harmonious working environment.
- Support NSM in the provision of effective oversight manning activities for third party Manning Agents contracted by BGT Fleet Managers for provision of Nigerian Ratings Manpower services for BGT Ships.
- Maintenance of an efficient crew mail delivery system to Nigerian Officers and Cadets
- Preparation of Management Report on Utilization of Nigerian Officers and Cadets.
The right candidate should:
- Be a contractor of NLNG with valid ID card
- Possess a good University degree in any of Social Science courses, with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower (2.2) plus a recognized professional qualification in Admin/Personnel Management.
- Possess a minimum of 4-5 years post-graduation experience in a similar or related role in NLNG Limited and currently on the job
- Good commercial skills, customer focus and mind set.
- Good communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills, Self-starter, with a good track record of delivery.
- Fluency in English as a business and contract language.
- Not be more than 40 years as at 31st December 2018.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).