Job For Team Lead at ACDI/VOCA Nigeria
ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead
- ACDI/VOCA is recruiting a Team Leader for an agricultural value chain project being implemented in multiple states in northern Nigeria
- The project office will be located in either Zaria, Kaduna or Kano, Nigeria. English proficiency is required; Hausa competence is desired. ACDI/VOCA requires 10 years of experience in the implementation and management of agricultural value chain projects
- The position is long term (two – three years) and requires travel in northern Nigeria.
The overall task of the Team Leader is to provide continuity and leadership of all project technical and operational activities. In this role, the Team Leader shall:
- Develop professional relationships, and further program goals and objectives.
- Oversee program administration, human resources management, budget pipeline, and finances, ensuring compliance with ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with other project managers, donors, and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure positive visibility of project activities.
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting.
- Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans to improve productivity, strengthen market linkages, and expand access to markets for farmers.
- Ensure ACDI/VOCA meets all deliverables of the highest quality and on time.
- Serve as the principal liaison with program and technical staff, government partners, and private sector value participants and service providers.
- Lead efforts to collect, synthesize and disseminate clear information through technical reports and periodic progress reports.
- 10 years of professional management experience, ideally with agricultural value chain projects.
- Profound knowledge of and international work experience in management of agricultural support services
- Experience implementing multi-donor procedures, policies, and reporting requirements in a high level managerial role of Team Leader, Chief of Party, Program Director is highly desired.
- Advanced (at least a Master’s) Degree from a recognized University in Management, Agricultural Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business, or other pertinent fields desired.
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments.
- Oral, written, and spoken English fluency required.
- Hausa competency desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply