General Support Officer – Fleet NGO Job at the Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Support Officer – Fleet
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Responsible for running the day-to-day fleet aspects for the various emergency projects in response to the Maiduguri, Bama, Mafa, Damaturu, Ngala programmes implemented.
- Ensure that office vehicles (both DRC and rented) are checked daily and road worthy before any assignment.
- Place logbook for each vehicle and monitor records for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that all DRC vehicle particulars is renewed and up-to-date.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly vehicle technical inspection with the use of vehicle checklist.
- Maintain data and update records of all vehicles.
- Ensure that the DRC vehicles are serviced at the due date and preventive maintenance is adhered to.
- Follow up with programme team to have weekly movement plan and prepare the vehicle allocation accordingly.
- Ensure that daily transport is organized and driver are assigned based on the requests received.
- Ensure the information of vehicle movement is clear and well communicated to concerned departments.
- Ensure all non-DRC drivers and their company hired know and follow DRC driving policies and procedures and are maintained up to the safety standards.
- Ensure all drivers are inducted well about engagement of DRC duty and coach them to ensure well behavior and drive safely.
- Take lead on any vehicle servicing work and provide advice and support on vehicle repair to the line manager.
- Establish regular service schedule and ensure proper maintenance is carried out by liaising with vehicle garage.
- Report to line manager immediately regarding any accident and security incident related to vehicle management.
- Prepare reports of vehicle usage according to DRC guidelines on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all arrangements for visitors and staff visiting the DRC Nigeria programme in Maiduguri are made and communicated in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Damaturu office and support on vehicle movement, especially kiss movement.
- Manage and maintain the fuel usages for vehicle and as well as office gener
- Ensure the respect of the Code of Conduct.
- Any other duty assigned to him / her by the supervisor
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Previous Experience in a Humanitarian NGO in logistics and fleet unit.
- Able to independently manage drivers and vehicles.
- Practical experience with Microsoft Word and Excel program.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeric accuracy.
- Ability to work and handle pressure.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Team player.
- Minimum of OND level in Transport Management, Business Administration, and related field in social science.
- Able to communicate in spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online