Drivers Job at the International NGO Safety Organization
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job type: Full Time
Slot: 2 Openings
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely transporting of goods and persons safely toward their destination. Also, the Drivers will support basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- The Driver position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
- To operate INSO vehicles as directed by the Logistics and Procurement Officer
- To assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in travel and Fleet Management.
- To assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation and travels
- To maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- To ensure punctuality and safe transport;
- To observe the road, traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
- Car Security & Maintenance
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition always
- Ensure vehicle is kept secured at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
- Car Logbook maintenance
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc;
- Provide assistant the Administrative team, including but not limited to:
- Facilitating immigration and customs formalities as per requirements
- Delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, delivery and collection of official documents as per required
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4×4 vehicles with manual gear
- Currently resides in Abuja and good knowledge of road network
- Conversant with foreign embassy, INGOs and NGOs office in Abuja
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Computer literate
- Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below to: email@example.com and ensure to reference ‘INSO – Driver Abuja’ in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum)
- An up to date CV (2-page maximum)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).
- INSO do not accept or ask for payment for any Job