Visual-art Educator Needed at a Leading Educational Institution
Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client is a leading educational instituition with a group of schools comprising of primary, secondary and tertiary schools is currently seeking the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Visual-art Educator
- Establish and communicate clear learning objectives and
- develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the goal of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop art works aligned to their artistic abilities
- inform students about cultural and historical influences on art today.
- Encourage students to understand and appreciate art, express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process assess.
- Appraise students by evaluate student’s performance on a regular basis
- Prepare progress reports of students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate.
- Instill students interest in arts.
- Present art displays of students.
- Use a range of instructional techniques and media consistent with available resources and student needs and capabilities
- Expand the students’ use of individual and collaborative strategies to generate concepts and ideas.
- Incorporate new technologies and tools in the creative process
- Teach students how to identify elements and techniques used to create concepts
- Develop an aesthetic understanding and appreciation that allow students to make qualitative judgments about art
- enable students to create a functional portfolio of their art works.
- Plan, coordinate and prepare art displays and exhibitions for the school and community
- Assist students with effective display and presentation of their works
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts or any related degree.
- Post graduate degree in education is a big plus.
- At least 5 – 8 years teaching experience.
- Excellent knowledge in art.
- Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities and techniques related to teaching art at the required level
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- IT savvy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online