Treasury Risk Officer – IT Job at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Risk Officer- IT (FIFM2)
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000843
- The Vice-Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The overall objective of the Financial Management Department is to safeguard and improve the Bank Group’s risk bearing capacity while looking to optimize efficiency to benefit clients, shareholders and staff.
- The role of the Treasury Risk Management Division is the management and reporting of treasury risk and the oversight of treasury activities that enable the Bank to make informed and profitable investment and borrowing decisions thereby preserving capital, optimizing profitability and maintaining a strong credit rating. The Division’s objectives are to:
- Identify, measure, monitor and mitigate market and credit risks in the Bank’s Treasury operations;
- Ensure the timely reporting of the Treasury Department’s borrowing and investment activities;
- Build an efficient control framework to ensure the adherence to the Bank’s policies, Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) guidelines and to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Provide efficient information systems and analytical support tools to the Treasury Department to improve the decision-making process.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Treasury Risk Officer- IT is responsible:
- Provide support to users of Treasury, Financial Control and Treasury Risk activities and ensure that they are well trained on new features and capabilities.
- Maintain Treasury applications up-to-date with new methodologies and practices in consultation with CHIS and suppliers of Treasury systems. This includes systems upgrades and a close monitoring of bug fixing by Systems’ providers.
- Manage information systems projects and business continuity of Treasury and Treasury Risk activities to ensure the resilience of related information systems.
- Manage the IT technical implementation of Treasury and Treasury Risk Management Framework Improvement Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Treasury Risk Officer-IT will:
- Provide technical support to Treasury, Treasury Risk Management and Financial control activities and ensure that users are well trained on new features and capabilities
- Support users daily use of Summit and related servers availability, the integrity of market and trade data, and ensure that daily system operations procedures are followed;
- Provide support on key Treasury systems, including Summit, Numerix, Reuters, Bloomberg and others; Provide technical advice on issues impacting the investments or funding decision-making process. That comprises error message debugging, wrong data characteristics identification an user actions specificities analysis;
- Respond to queries and reporting requirements of Treasury, Risk Management and Accounting Departments ;
- Design and develop new reports and dashboards and maintain existing ones;
- Ensure that month end processes are correctly run to support data extraction and reporting framework for Financial Control End Users;
- Identify users training requirements and organize training sessions;
- Review applications user guide and propose modifications to improve the operational risk;
- Make recommendations on Treasury activities workflows based on systems functionalities and best market practices.
- Maintain Treasury applications in consultation with Corporate IT Services (CHIS) and suppliers of Treasury systems
- Implement and monitor night batches processes to ensure the availability of Treasury Position Management Systems including Summit and related add-on modules;
- Liaise with the Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS) to ensure adequate technical support on Treasury systems for project implementation activities, customization, daily back-up and batch processing, system security and database maintenance;
- Interact with CHIS to evaluate hardware and software requirements for the support of the treasury risk activities;
- Customize and maintain the treasury systems based on users’ requirements
- Conduct migrations to new versions of Treasury systems (including Summit and Numerix) and add-on tools (including Oracle Discoverer);
- Implement and maintain a functional/technical interface between treasury Systems including Summit–Numerix and the trading systems (Bloomberg, Reuter, Tradeweb, etc…);
- Liaise with Treasury systems suppliers and data service providers to ensure adequate maintenance, technical support and smooth running of their services;
- Work with technical specialists of software suppliers to resolve complex programming and configurations problems and coordinate the implementation of software suppliers’ solutions;
- Manage banking transfer system (SWIFT) security in consultation with SECU/CHIS as a Right Security Officer (RSO).
- Manage information systems projects and business continuity of Treasury and Treasury Risk activities
Information Systems projects management:
- Produce software requirements specifications and prepare design specifications including data structure definition in conformity with CHIS standards;
- Participate in the implementation of Treasury systems, in collaboration with CHIS in order to improve transactions processing, control framework and the decision-making process;
- Analyse client server systems, develop feasibility studies, and design application software to support Treasury requirements;
- Provide specifications for the design and development of interfaces between Summit, the main Treasury position management system, and other systems including Numerix, SAP, SWIFT, Bloomberg, Reuter and Tradeweb.
Business Continuity Management:
- Assess, manage and minimize the impacts of system and security updates;
- Coordinate the technical requirements for the successful conduct of Treasury and Treasury Risk business continuity tests;
- Implement and test technical configurations specific to Treasury and Treasury Risk activities;
- Guide and Support Treasury and Treasury Risk Users in the conduct of business continuity tests.
- Manage IT technical implementation of Treasury and Treasury Risk Management Framework Improvement Projects
- Interpret business requirements related to market data feeding extensions, new risk measures, reports or data analytics implementation and determines optimal technical solutions needed;
- Assess the feasibility, advise whether external resources are required from CHIS or consultation services, provide timelines and ensure the development of required technical solutions;
- Coordinate and supervise technical inputs from existing Treasury Systems implementation teams (external consultants, CHIS officers);
- Define hardware, software and operating systems needs in consultation with IT Officers in CHIS;
- Perform technical tests and validation, prepare and update technical and user documentation, information memoranda and project related reports;
- Partner with Treasury and Risk Officers in the continuous improvement of implemented processes and tools.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Holds at least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or in a related discipline
- Professional certification in or qualification in Finance/Banking fields or Project Management will be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience with systems analysis or programming duties
- Working experience in the implementation of Treasury systems used by Multilateral Development Banks and Investments Banks will be an advantage.
- Working experience on Treasury systems technical support and users training
- Solid knowledge and proven experience in standard software applications and development tools, database management
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into Information Technology developments needs
- Ability to estimate accurately timelines for technical solutions implementation
- Demonstrate ability in system analysis, software programming (C/C++, Summit STK, .Net, JAVA, PHP, Visual Studio, VBA) and relational database management skills (Oracle and SQL Server)
- Capacity to drive applications upgrades and changes with effective business impact assessment skills
- Information Technology architecture management skills
- Pedagogy in providing user training on Treasury systems
- Innovation and Creativity
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Self-organization and time management
- Client and results oriented individual holding “a can do attitude”
- Proficient in use of standard MS Office software especially Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online