Litigation and Investigations Lead Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Litigation and Investigations Lead
Reporting To: Head Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Assist the Head (Legal) in all litigation and investigation related activities
- Lead and manage the litigation unit in the most effective and efficient manner to achieve corporate objectives.
- Organize and manage all case related materials and provide support to Management on litigation and all law enforcement agency related matters.
- Liaise with external solicitors handling all Company’s matters including litigation and related matters.
- Ensure scrutiny of complaints and legal cases – physical inspection, interrogation of concerned personnel, obtaining statements and preparing required legal reports.
- Provide opinions and advise the Company on its best options in resolving commercial, legal and regulatory issues.
- Drafting and reviewing court processes in addition to other legal documents such as contracts etc.
- Provide support in enforcing legal and regulatory stipulations including corporate governance and compliance matters across the Company.
- Represent I.E. in legal matters before relevant authorities and assist in negotiations with 3rd parties on compensation.
- Initiate and provide support to the Company in debt recovery matters.
- Assist in the analysis of the outcome of claims investigations and interpret
- Provide legal support to other departments and units as may be requested from time to time.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Department
- LLB and BL Law
- Excellent Experience in Civil Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 4 years in a comparable role.
- Corporate Governance
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Drafting
- Litigation Management
- Contract Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources and business focus.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online