Office Manager Role at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager – PCSC
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50066180
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group.
- Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG)
The Hiring Department
- The Office of the President assists the President in planning, supervising and managing the business of the Bank Group.
- The Office of the President monitors, coordinates and supervises the implementation of various Bank programs including administrative issues relating to Directors reporting to the Office of the President; prepares and organizes the President’s missions and represents the Bank, in line with the President’s instructions, at international conferences and meetings and on working missions to member countries; prepares and organizes meetings with Bank’s Senior Management, and facilitates follow-up on the decisions of these meetings; reviews, evaluates and gives advice on communication and interaction between the Presidency and the various organs of the Bank; ensures the effective and timely implementation of Board and Management decisions; provides effective administrative and logistic support to facilitate implementation of the President’s programs; and prepares, monitors and submits summaries of audit reports to the President and follows up on the implementation of the recommendations of the reports
- The Office of the President is responsible for providing support & assisting the President in planning, supervising and managing the business of the Bank Group.
The Office of the Chief of Staff & Director of Cabinet assists the President in planning, supervising and managing the business of the Bank Group. Main Activities include:
- Monitors, coordinates and supervises the implementation of various Bank programs, including administrative issues relating to Directors reporting to the President;
- Prepares and organizes the President’s missions and represents the Bank, in line with the President’s instructions, at international conferences and meetings and on working missions to member countries;
- Prepares and organizes meetings with Bank’s Senior Management, and facilitates follow-up on the decisions of these meetings;
- Reviews, evaluates and gives advice on communication and interaction between the Presidency and the various organs of the Bank;
- Ensures the effective and timely implementation of Board and Management decisions;
- Provides effective administrative and logistic support to facilitate implementation of the President’s programs; and
- Prepares, monitors and submits summaries of audit reports to the President and follows up on the implementation of the recommendations of the reports by concerned Departments/Units.
- The Office Manager, is a senior staff member in the Office of the President, who provides both administrative and managerial support to the President. The incumbent acts as a principal aide to the President and assists the Chief of Staff & Director of Cabinet on matters pertaining to management and administration of the President’s office, policy and operations, handling of high level Government decision makers, and other external stakeholders, management of junior staff in the President’s office, and manages special projects, as assigned by the President
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the President and, where required, the Chief of Staff & Director of Cabinet, the Office Manager will:
- Supports the Director of Cabinet & Chief of Staff in managing the overall work programme of President’s Office consisting of planning, coordination and communication of the President’s agenda
- Assists the President in the preparation, accomplishment and follow up actions from his missions.
- Manages all correspondence both electronic and mail and briefing outs pertaining to the Office of the President
- Reviews briefs, memoranda and other reports submitted for consideration by the President to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency with Bank’s policies and procedures
- Represents the President and undertakes any special assignments
- Coordinates with the relevant Vice Presidency Complexes on follow ups from the President’s directives.
- Assists the Chief of Staff & Director of Cabinet in evaluation of all junior staffers working in the President’s office to enable the provision of high quality and proficient services
- Coordinates special projects on behalf of the President
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, International Development, Public Administration, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank; in-depth knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of African countries.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team within large and complex institutional settings, especially multilateral organizations, with at least 15 years of experience, 8 years of which must be at senior management level.
- Private Sector experience is advantageous
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgements, with excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and drive results and execution.
- Ability to manage budgets
- Proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing with high level individuals/stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and lead teams
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Ability to collaborate with a highly diverse Senior Management teams and responsive to needs of multiple stakeholders, with excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online