Admin & Logistic Officer – BMZ Job at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin & Logistic Officer – BMZ
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the BMZ project which is implemented in Adamawa state (Madagali and Mitchika) in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, BMZ donor requirements and Nigerian laws
- The post holder will be supervised by the Humanitarian Admin and Logistics Coordinator and expected to work very closely with other members of the programme team.
Dimension of Role
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics coordination of the BMZ project in Mubi office, ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members
- The post holder will support development of Plan Internationals implementing partners and staff capacity building.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff under the BMZ project in general office operations and identify future needs
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops for the BMZ project
- Ensure that BMZ project vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise with the Humanitarian Admin and Logistics Coordinator about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the county office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Ensure coordination of logistics and procurement operations for the BMZ project
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and BMZ donor regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure effective management of assets register and general program equipment for BMZ project
- Maintain an up-to-date monthly asset follow-up per project code, budget line, with a clear location & user for each asset; investigate and document any loss or damage
- Maintain a local supplier database up-to-date and keep record of suppliers’ performance
- Maintain efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools
- Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premises by providing in particular appropriate power supply, drinking water, stationery, etc.
- Supervise preventive & corrective maintenance or works of premises
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Humanitarian and Logistics Coordinator.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2-4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role in a
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online