Accountant Position at Connect Rail Services Limited
Connect Rail Services Limited (CRS Ltd) is a wholly indigenous rail haulage, infrastructure and logistics support firm created to champion the active utilization of existing and new rail infrastructure for the movement of goods across Nigeria and West Africa by forming strategic alliances and working with the best professionals and technology in the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- We are seeking a trustworthy Accountant who can work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
- The ideal candidate will be expected to work with large amounts of data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management.
- He/she should have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer and verbal and written communication skills.
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other financial reports.
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Report organization’s finances to management and offer suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Responsible for tax management, including filing.
- Responsible for customer account reconciliation and accounts receivables.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts.
- A good degree in Accounting
- ICAN qualified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a well-structured organization.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including ERP application.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Strong leadership personality and communications skills.
- Good accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Application Closing Date
19th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.comUsing the “Experienced Accountant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.