Drivers Jobs at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Position Number: 10028721 / 10028722 /10028723
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Slot: 3 Openings
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Supervisor: Finance/Admin Associate
Proposed Starting: As Soon As Possible
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment (with possible renewal)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Driver position in the Office normally falls under direct supervision of the Administrative Officer/Assistant. The incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation.
- He/she is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While basic function of a Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, he/she may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The incumbent will have the following Responsibilities:
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, UNHCR pouch and other items.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of Primary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- Minimum 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of English and local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Mechanical skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should prepare and submit an Application/letter of Motivation, Resume as well as fully completed and signed UNHCR Personal History Form (P11) to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
Click here to apply online
- Kindly note that a written test may be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates with the application at this stage.
- Kindly make sure you use the UNHCR personal History form.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.