Latest Recruitment at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health
Job Title: Peri-Operative Nurse
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Prepare patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
- provide patient care during the pre-, intra- and postoperative stages.
- Ensure clean and aseptic/sterilized operating room with other team members.
- Preparation of instruments, trolleys and sterile supplies requested for surgery.
- Gathering and sorting all supplies needed for the operationï¼šinclusive of performing swab, needle and instrument counts in line with standard operating procedures and policies.
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Provide needed nursing care working with the Anaesthetist and Surgeon when required during operations.
- Labeling and dispatch of laboratory specimens after each procedures.
- Managing and compiling procedure manuals, theatre registers and clients records.
- Communicating departmental policies, policy changes and/ or new procedures to relevant staff
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained in the operating/surgical unit.
- Reporting to senior officer/line manager, incidents of accidents, complaints, defects in drugs, supplies or equipment.
- Participating in trials of new equipment and supplies and evaluation and serviceability of existing equipment.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned within the team.
- Applicant must be a certified operating room nurse (CNORs) with at least 3 years experience in Peri-operative nursing care.
- A diploma in critical care is an added advantage.
- Qualified candidate must possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
- Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the position.
Job Title: Cleaner/Clinic Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- handling patients linens and other items/ materials
- Assist staff in sorting and client-flow within the clinic units
- Minimum of SSCE or WAEC with at least 4 years of working experience.
- The applicants must possess the following qualities:
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Tests and Analyse blood, urine samples and or other body fluids and specimen to support clinical diagnosis.
- Conducts chemical, biological, and physical tests on materials to determine that standards are met.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens
- Manage, operate, and Perform routine maintenance on all laboratory equipment and inventories.
- Raise required orders and supplies of laboratory commodities and consumables.
- Adapt standard operating technical procedures for all samples and specimen.
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Cross-match blood for transfusion
- Keeps informed of new analytical or manufacturing methods.
- Supervise laboratory technicians, train and mentor support staff and IT students.
- Write medical articles for medical journals and other responsibilities as assigned by the organization
- B.MLS Medical Laboratory Science , with the ability to perform Chemical, Haematological, Immunologic, Cytopathological, Microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, urine, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens.
- Main specialty in chemical pathology most preferred.
- Must be a registered member of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) with a current practising licence.
- Must be a member of Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN).
- Masters degree would be an added advantage.
Job Title: Medical Records Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo state
- Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder. Manually & Electronically
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Heath Information or Computer Science with at least 2 years of working experience. The applicant must also possess the following skills:
- Computer literacy, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills
Job Title: Clinical Nursing Officer/Nurse Midwife
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Perform physical examinations and nursing care plans;
- Performing an initial assessment of a patient’s condition;
- Provide necessary nursing care in managing related communicable and non- communicable health conditions
- Perform therapeutic nursing procedure and process such as wound dressing, administration medication and injections etc
- Perform nursing care in in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery. And other Maternal New- born and Child Health care
- Work closely with Physicians, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in diagnosing and managing clients with acute and chronic illnesses
- Perform assessment of patients” vital signs such as taking patients’ temperature, blood pressure and pulse rates; document and monitor progress
- Perform procedure such as Setting up drips and blood transfusions; with appropriate nursing care, monitory and plans
- Demonstrable skills Using different medical equipment;
- Monitor patients health conditions, document progress and plan appropriate nursing care
- Handling sensitive and confidential information; such as diagnosis and test results
- Provide appropriate guidance in the daily clinic operations, clients- flow, clinic setting and management
- Ability to work and make decision with team at every stage of management
- Applicant must be a registered nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM) and/or holding Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN), with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
Job Title: Cash Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to Finance Manager
- Successful candidate will work in the accounts department of the clinic
- Conducts cash transactions with patients
- Provides receipts to patients as they pay
- Enter transactions into cash registers and cash receipts log books
- Manages and monitors all cash receipting functions
- Operates the POS terminals put in place for patients who want to pay with debit cards
- Stores all the receipts generated by the POS terminal for later submission in the designated drop location
- Interacts with the patients that come to pay and ensures good interpersonal relationship exists
- Checking for and informing patients of fees payable for services provided
- Solving all cash related queries of the patients and other enquirers
- Organizing all the financial work in the clinic and maintaining the accounting records
- Making daily transactions reports to the finance unit
- Resolves patient’s complaints on cash related issues
- Answer patients questions and provide information on procedures or policies
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned
- Applicants must have at least a B.Sc or HND in Accounting or any other related field.
- Also required is a minimum of 2 years working experience as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
And also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2018.
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).