English Tutor Opportunity at Oxford Test Prep Company
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: English Tutor
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for Seasoned and competent teachers to teach students of diverse age group in any of the following in our Ibadan centre:
- IELTS-International English Language Testing System
- TOFEL-Test of English as a Foreign Language
- English Section of GMAT-Graduate Management Admission Test
- English Section of GRE-Graduate Record Examination
- English Section of SAT-Scholastic Assessment Test
- PTE-Pearson Test of English Academic.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to students on difficult topics with the subject
- Schedule tutoring appointments with students or their parents.
- Research or recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Prepare and facilitate tutoring workshops, collaborative projects, or academic support sessions for small groups of students.
- Participate in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
- Organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
- Monitor student performance or assist students in academic environments, such as classrooms, laboratories, or computing centres.
- Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and lesson notes.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction. .
- Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students’ needs and goals.
- Maintain records of students’ assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Identify, develop, or implement intervention strategies, tutoring plans, or individualized education plans (IEPs) for students.
- Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts, study materials, or quizzes.
- Communicate students’ progress to management, students, parents or teachers in written progress reports, in person, by phone, or by email.).
- Collaborate with students, parents, teachers, school administrators, or counselors to determine student needs, develop tutoring plans, or assess student progress.
- Assess students’ progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Administer, proctor, or score academic or diagnostic assessments.
- Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Provide private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance, improve occupational skills, or prepare for academic or occupational tests.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org