Current Vacancies at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer-Loss Prevention
Job Number 18002HOX
Job Category:Loss Prevention & Security
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Welcome to our Family
We welcome you to be a member of our global, diverse Marriott family. Whether traveling across the city or around the globe we realize the importance of making each guest feel as welcome and secure as possible. Your protective nature and attention to details will play an important role in our success. Here, your work is appreciated as much as your individuality and you will be supported in all of your efforts.
The impact you’ll Make
- Your watchful eye and protective instinct goes far beyond basic. Because of you, our guests can come and go freely without worry.
- Your dedication to safety provides the guest the same sense of security as they feel in their own home.
What you’ll Do
- Patrol all areas of the property and assist guests with room access
- Monitor security feeds and conduct daily physical hazard inspections
- Respond to accidents and assist guests/employees during emergency situations
- Defuse guest disturbances and escort individuals from the property if necessary
- Conduct investigations, gather evidence, and facilitate interviews with relevant parties
- Complete required shift reports and maintain confidentiality of all loss prevention documents
Perks you Deserve
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Team-spirited coworkers
- Learning and development opportunities
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Recognition programs
What We’re Looking For
- Strong communication skills
- A history of thriving in stressful situations
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
- Exercise good judgment and maintain a professional demeanor
- This role requires compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards. You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and assist with moving objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Job Number: 180011GS
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Engineering and Facilities
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Management
- Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Core Work Activities
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets:
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Maintaining Property Standards:
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee’s ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing. OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply