Senior Officer, Cyber Security and BCP Job at the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Cyber Security and BCP
- The role of this job holder is to ensure All ICT assets are specified, developed, deployed, maintained and operated to the highest well known Information Security standards that foster a risk-mitigated business environment.
- Carry out activities that enhance the security posture of the organisation.
Design, specify, deploy, operate and maintain IT assets to high security standards. Enforce cyber secure practices within the organization. Develop and deploy technical solutions that mitigate security vulnerabilities:
- Solve strategic and operational security issues.
- Own key IT security metrics and trends and report them to stakeholders.
- Implement corporate security standards, policies and practices fostering security awareness for all stakeholders and enhancing the organization’s maturity.
- Enforce data privacy, data integrity and availability of ICT assets, ensure access compliance to high security ICT infrastructure – i.e. data centres/ data archive centres.
- Contribute to Budget Preparation.
- Carry out Security Audits, Risk Analysis, Application and System Level Vulnerability Testing, Code Reviews, Patch Management.
- Research and Identify New Cyber Attack Risks from Industry Specific, Local and Global Perspectives.
- Carry out Discreet Audits on CCTV & Access Control Systems.
- Operate in a 24/7 Security Operations Centre.
- Provides Technical leadership for the Cyber Security Team.
- Build strong team to meet Corporate Cyber Security Requirements.
- Lead and mentor Team to ensure Professional growth.
- B.Sc Computer Science or related field.
- CISSP/ CISA. CCIE Security or equivalent certifications.
- Infrastructure and Networking Knowledge Essential.
- Software development background desirable.
- Application level vulnerability testing and web application security. Strong foundation and knowledge of network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography. Code level security auditing a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience.
- Knowledge of Security as applied to Virtualized Environments and Cloud Computing.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 Domains, COBIT Framework and Their Implementation.
- Developed people skills.
- Highly agile with ability to work extra hours at short notice.
- Project management skills.
- Good analytical, organizational & multitasking skills.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Discreet with Integrity.
- Self-Motivated with focus on results within tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
5:00 pm GMT; 2nd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter. The subject of your application should be position applied for i.e. Senior Officer, Cyber Security and BCP. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Abuja, FCT -Nigeria
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.