Generator Operator Vacancy at Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Generator Operator
Job ID: HOT05PZW
Employment Type: Contract
- A Generator Operator is expected to monitor, maintain, repair and carry out the preventive maintenance program on the hotel’s UPS generators and public utility supply.
- As an Engineering Team Member, you would also be called when needed to multi-task in other sections.
What will I be doing?
A Generator Operator will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all UPS generators and related equipment, including making repairs such as replacing mechanical seals, re-packing pumps and valves, replacing bearings and belts, checking for proper alignment, repairing fan coil units, brazing and soldering, calibrating controls, working on pressure vessels, replacing piping and fittings.
- Maintain appropriate record of preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Visually inspect gauges, dials and mechanical equipment, make basic mathematical calculations, and move and climb on all types of uneven surfaces.
- Interact with the Operating Engineer and assist in start-up, shut down and operation of all UPS generator equipment.
What are we looking for?
Generator Operators serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our hotels and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in a related field.
- 3 years of work experience.
- Considerable knowledge of UPS generator including repair and maintenance and basic electric and mechanical skills.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Basic mathematical skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to communicate with customers and co-workers fully understand job assignments and follow manufacturer instructions.
- Ability to multi-task in other sections.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online