Transport and Logistics Associate Job at the Management Sciences for Health
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Associate
Job ID: 13-10353
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A577 – PMI
Reports To: Operations Manager
- The Transport and Logistics Associate coordinates the MSH transport support services provided to all technical program areas, and provides logistical support to all MSH projects in Nigeria by working with USAID and the GON to retrieve shipments from customs.
- Assists expatriate staff with resident visas, also assists project staff with visa processing.
- He is responsible for supervision of all drivers and provides transportation services to staff and TDYers.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of transport service office.
- Provide clerical support.
- Track driver’s movement by updating log board.
- Maintain and review daily log for all vehicles.
- Keep fuel tracking, vehicle service and maintenance log.
- Assist other drivers to plan their schedules according to program activities.
- Submit monthly transport report to Operations Manager.
- Work with other staff from the headquarters and/ or state office to coordinate smooth transport service operations.
- Track vehicle movement using online system and provide weekly and monthly report for management decision making.
- Assist and make recommendations for the improvement in the transport unit in various work locations.
- Conduct maintenance check of all project vehicles and report any replenishment/replacement. required on/damage and/ or malfunctioning of any vehicle.
- Performs station controlling functions if required.
- Ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Organize the daily work for vehicles and drivers under the supervision of the post holder.
- Monitor expenditure on transport services against budget estimates.
- Deal with emergency situations and respond to telephone requests beyond normal office hours
- Assist expatriate staff with processing resident visas.
- Assist project staff with visa processing.
- Assist with the Internal and external audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation on vehicles/logistics records.
- Capacity building of team members.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree. University degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years related work experience with International organizations in Nigeria
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style and good communication skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to work a switchboard
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Listening, Professionalism
- Customer Focus, Organization
- Informing Others
- Handles Pressure
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.