HR Coordinator Vacancy at Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Desired start date: 4th February 2019
Duration of the mission: 1 year
About the Job
- The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International Human Resources policies.
- As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of Solidarités International procedures.
- He/she is the mission point of contact and the link between headquarters and the mission for any questions relating to Human Resources.
The Main Responsibilities
Analysis of the socio-economic context:
- Identify administrative partners relevant to HR
- Track the change in the cost of living and the work market
- Study the social, cultural and ethnic organization and the values and customs of the country in which Solidarités International is intervening
- Study demographic elements, socio-professional make-up and HDI of the intervention country
HR management of expatriates and nationals:
- Ensure that HR procedures and staff behavior are compatible with local culture, paying particular attention to gender issues
- Take part in the welcome and administrative briefing for expatriate personnel
- Ensure that recruitment and hiring procedures are respected: validate the mission’s recruitment needs, post profiles and contracts
- Inform the different members of the coordination teams about the methodology for performance reviews as well as their objectives and purpose, and ensure that they are implemented
- Drive the implementation and improvement of Solidarités International training policy and monitor staff development
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are respected and confirm eventual sanctions
- Confirm salaries before payment
- Ensure that statements and payments are made to the organizations concerned
- In partnership with headquarters and the head of mission take part in defining Solidarités International salary and social policies and implement these policies. Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Promote the establishment of legal bodies of representation and consultation of personnel on the bases and support the management and settlement of conflicts
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel
- Consolidate and update the mission organization chart
- Update internal policies and procedures and the HR manual in accordance with developments within the legal framework or the understanding of that framework
- Take part in abuse and risk prevention
- Ensure the administrative monitoring of disputes and represent Solidarités International before administrative authorities and, if necessary, legal authorities
- Oversee the administrative management of expatriate human resources
- In partnership with the administrators define the needs for HR administrative personnel on the mission and recruit in accordance with the allocated resources and Solidarités International operational strategy
- Train and assess the HR administrative team
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise the activity of the HR administrative team
- Ensure HR administrative reporting to headquarters in accordance with the time frame specified by the administrative calendar
- Establish and maintain relations at a national level with administrative authorities linked to HR. Constantly monitor legal developments, review local labor laws regularly, approve information collected by law firms and integrate this information in Solidarités International documents
- Take part in meetings relating to HR issues, represent SI on request and/or by order
- Take part in drawing up proposals and donor reports, focusing on the analysis and the HR cost of the programs
- Draw up the HR annexes for the donor reports
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Publication Administration or Human Resources Management
- 2 years proven experience in a similar position required
- Proven experience in team management, team structuring;
- Proven experience in training & capacity building;
- Knowledge in Administrative management;
- Knowledge in developing HR policies and orientations;
- Prioritization and self-organization;
- Ability to multitask and delegation;
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite.
- HR software: Homere preferred and recommended;
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- The living conditions of the base are comfortable (A.C, comfortable beds, TV, ping pong table, good cooking etc) with possibility of finding a wide range of goods for cooking. Despite restriction (curfew & limitation of movement), the level of activities is good (Sport: Soccer, volleyball…and interactions with other INGO). The multicultural environment allows for enriching exchanges and extensive discussions, as the atmosphere is very uplifting. The problematic aspect is that security procedures are quite restrictive (which is normal given the context) but it means that movement are limited and that knowledge of the city and the culture will be also very limited.
SI will offer you:
- A salaried post: according to experience from 2640 euros gross per month (2400 euros base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs)
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV only applications will not be considered.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.