PMER Delegate Job at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PMER Delegate
Duration: 6 Months
Category of Staff: Delegate
- The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organized into four Business groups in Geneva and five Business Groups in the field, namely the Regional Offices for Africa, Americas, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
- The Africa Region Business Group is organized through Country Cluster Offices covering the National Societies Dakar, Abuja, Nairobi, Pretoria and Yaoundé as well as country representations in Republic of South Sudan, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Niger and Democratic Republic of Congo. The West Africa Country Cluster Office based in Abuja covers the following countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Benin, Togo and Liberia)
- Reporting to the Head of Country Cluster the delegate will establish and support the planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework/system for the cluster office.
- The PMER delegate will support the National Society and other delegates in developing relevant M&E frameworks and Indicator Tracking Tables.
- The delegate will also support the timely reporting for the operations including pledge based and other specific donor reports.
- The delegate will also support in developing and coordinating monitoring and analysis systems within the IFRC network and with its partners, supporting the capacity of the IFRC network in M&E, and promoting knowledge transfer between the operation and the IFRC network.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the IFRC focal point for PMER for the Cluster office, including Nigeria floods operation and other programming in the cluster, coordinating M&E implementation, capacity building, sharing, and learning of the IFRC and National Societies.
- Spearhead the development of an M&E framework for the flood and other operations/programs with standard systems and procedures to ensure credible, reliable, timely, and cost-effective monitoring data to inform ongoing management decisions, strategic planning, and uphold accountability.
- Lead the adaptation or development of specific planning, assessment, monitoring and evaluation and reporting tools for consistent and quality data collection, coherent with and reinforcing IFRC guidelines for M&E and reporting.
- Provide technical guidance to program staff in incorporating appropriate M&E systems into projects based on needs, IFRC and donor requirements, resources and capacities. This includes: 1) adequate needs assessment to inform relevant programming, 2) the use of project and program logframes according to the IFRC PPP guidelines, 3) the development SMART indicators that are supported with clear and concise indicator guidelines that define the indicators, data sources, data collection methods, frequency, and audience.
- Coordination within IFRC to ensure accurate, thorough, and useful monitoring and reporting of programme activities and results, both internally and externally. This includes particularly close collaboration with the regional programme managers, and National Societies PMER/operation focal points to ensure that the monitoring data is collected, analyzed and included in the reports for the operation.
- Establish an inventory of reliable, secondary data sources of key statistics to contribute to M&E, and to reduce the use of time and resources in primary data collection, as well as the negative impact (assessment fatigue) among the target populations.
- Routinely perform quality control checks of M&E work, overseeing the recording and reporting of progress and performance of the operation compared to targets.
- Produce in coordination with other Abuja Cluster the reporting products needed
- Master’s degree in the Social Sciences, International Development or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in international development and/or humanitarian relief.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and implementing integrated results-based planning, monitoring and reporting systems and processes for organizations working in complex humanitarian or development contexts.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on work in project and program design, monitoring, and reporting in complex humanitarian or development contexts
- Demonstrated experience in planning capacity building, training development and delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Good knowledge and understanding of international M&E standards and best practices in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Good communication skills in different formats, capable to communicate complex ideas in simple, direct ways to different audiences, including the understanding and use of data visualization.
- Extensive knowledge of different approaches to planning, from strategy development and frameworks to program and project design.
- Knowledge of appropriate technologies and their use for M&E and RBM, from digital data collection to online systems for data management.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross cultural contexts and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and ability to develop IT-based projects.
- Ability to understand and use complex information system.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office applications, particularly, Excel.
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values:
- Values: Respect for Diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Societies and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
- Functional Competencies: Strategic Orientation; Building Alliances; Leadership; Empowering Others
Application Closing Date
(Geneva time zone) 16th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online