Driver Needed at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Reporting directly to Logistics Assistant- Fleet, Logistics – Driver performs a number of duties aimed at ensuring that the vehicle allocated to him / her is run smoothly on a daily basis.
- The work includes performing vehicle inspection, complete vehicle log book, and transport both staff and program supplies to facilitate program activities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take instructions from Logistics Assistant- Fleet on a daily basis
- Ensure pre trip inspection is undertaken on a daily basis and that bi-weekly inspection is undertaken, documented and filed
- Ensure that correct quantity of fuel taken by the vehicle is properly documented on the log sheet
- Ensure that all trips undertaken are properly recorded on the log sheet
- Ensure that all safety precautions like use of seat belt, correct driving speeds and proper loading of vehicle is undertaken as per organizational regulations
- Undertake timely and efficient transport of organizational staff and project supplies as and when required
- Observe organizational rules and regulations pertaining to carrying unauthorized goods and passengers
- Immediately report to Fleet Assistant any faults or problems observed in the operation of the vehicle for corrective action and resolution
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times by following an agreed vehicle washing schedule
- Report to Fleet Assistant in a timely manner when the vehicle is due for service or maintenance to ensure uninterrupted service for program activities
- Report any concerns or unbecoming behavior by staff to Fleet Assistant for follow up and corrective action.
- Participate in scheduled trainings or briefings undertaken by management for drivers
- Willingness to undertake any other reasonable tasks / requests from supervisor
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with peers, beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with peers, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered while on duty or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for assets.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with Fleet Assistant and Logistics Coordinator to ensure appropriate links and coordination support.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Borno state town layout
- Good organizational ability to ensure that all assigned transport requests are processed in the most efficient and timely manner
- An understanding of requirements of a rapid response emergency operation.
- Attention to detail and excellent observation skills.
- Diplomacy, tact, communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nigerian local dialects
- Flexibility, adaptability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Diploma or Higher Secondary School level and at least 1 year of experience in large scale Logistics operations
- Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Borno state is required.
- Must read and understand and demonstrate willingness and ability to follow guidelines.
- Capacity to organize work and team, Capacity to work under stressful situations and Strong organizational and time management.
- Experience living in remote or isolated work stations, or insecure locations.
- Nigerian National
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Literate and strong organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.