Network Security Engineer Position at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Network Security Engineer will ensure that applications and infrastructure are implemented to the highest security standards, thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- He will participate in security audits, security log analysis, DDOS protection implementation,risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews on all MainOne IPNGN infrastructures.
Responsibilities shall also include to:
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans while working closely with the information security officer, CISO, ISMS Manager and Risk Managers.
- Configure, harden, & install Cisco firewalls, routers & switches.
- Secure network by enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Manage multiple perimeter firewalls to include Application level firewalls.
- Implementing security engineering technologies and supporting processes for strategic projects.
- Implementing and optimizing Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection solution/techniques.
- Evaluating new and emerging DDOS threats.
- Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operation support.
- Participate in incident handling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years experience with 2-3 years experience in security logs analysis and interpretation.
- Must have at least one of the following certificates: CCNA (Security), CCNP, CCNP (Security), CISSP, Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist, CCIE Security
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment.
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required.
- Understanding and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment.
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Knowledge of network routing protocols e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- Strong knowledge of security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, IPSEC VPN, SSLVPN, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issues.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP,HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Must have at least one of the following certificates: CCNA (Security), CCNP, CCNP (Security), CISSP, Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist, CCIE Security.
Demand on the Job
- Ability to work long hours and take responsibility for delivery.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to travel frequently.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online