Sales Manager Employment at Graceco Limited
Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff. At Graceco you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
We’re looking for highly motivated employees who bring their all to work every day. We have a high-productivity and high-engagement culture that’s not for anyone seeking a comfort zone. If you’re ready to rock, we’re the place for you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Level: Managerial level
- The holder of this position is responsible for driving the sales of all products in Graceco.
- The holder over sees the activities of the marketing department and ensures that all sales representative consistently bring in new customers while maintaining old ones.
- The job role also involves selling products by implementing sales plans and supervising sales staff.
- Determines annual unit and grossprofit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analysing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements a country wide sales program by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Determine sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- With the assistance of HR department, responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, disciplining employees, skills development and product knowledge development
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Nigeria especially in Lagos and other major cities
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meeting, etc.
Challenges of the Role
The following challenges are common to this position:
- Meeting big sales target in terms of volume and quantity
- Driving sales for all products
- Breaking new territories
- Keeping existing customers
- Meeting customer orders; ensuring the product get to them at the right time
- Ensuring all sales representative are working and aggressively marketing all the products
- Constant pressure from management for progressive sales volume
- Out winning major competitors
- Keeping sales representative motivated and focused through continuous coaching
- Using datadriven approach and data analysis in decision making
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple projects in a dynamic fastpaced environment. He or she will be well versed in all Microsoft programs including excel, power point, and word. He/she must have:
- Ability to operate in team as leader and follower
- Ability to handle successfully and effectively assigned responsibility for specific assignments such as sales exhibition, sales campaign, market storming, market intelligent gathering, etc
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to write strong business report and other forms of communication to various stakeholders
- Effective people supervision skill; Possess the confidence and ability to influence people; strong physical presence and energy
- Possess excellent inter personal skills; be selfmotivated
- Possess high level of initiative and emotional intelligence; able to think outside the box
- Sound awareness of emerging issues within and outside department/ organisation with the ability to adapt to the changing operating environment of the sector
- Suggest innovative solutions to common departmental problem
- It is expected that you will discharge all the responsibilities to the position and proffer sustainable solutions to challenges.
Educational and other Requirements
- Not more than 40 years old
- Degree in Social Science courses
- Masters in social science course
- 6 years’ experience in sales at managerial level.
- Handson experience in FMCG
- Good knowledge of market and product development
- Computer Savvy; MS word, Excel, Power point, ERP, Internet
- Active understanding of social media platform
- The qualified candidate must score at 70% in Work IQ test.
- Applicant who resides within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs will have added advantage.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Manager” as the subject of the mail.