Senior Educational Access/Fragility Specialist Job at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Educational Access/Fragility Specialist
Requisition Number: SENIO01422
Job Type: Full Time
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Senior Educational Access/Fragility Specialist provides the overall technical expertise on the expansion of access-related activities, including risk reduction and safety, gender based violence, equitable education services, education and conflict analysis, non-formal education, well-being, psychosocial support and ensuring activities are conflict-sensitive and do no harm.
- Facilitating access to quality education of 500,000 out of school children through Non-Formal setting education, community mobilization and capacity building of education authorities and other partners;
- Analyzing and addressing barriers to educational access and participation;
- Assessing issues of supply and demand for education options/services;
- Analysis and assessment of education needs in emergencies;
- Integrating a conflict-sensitive approach to education, preparation of activity designs;
- Adapting rapidly changing activity designs; implementing successful strategies to combat school-related gender based violence; and
- Implementation of risk reduction and psychosocial well-being activities.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Education, Conflict-related field, Political Economy, or related field;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity; and
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results-based management.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is contingent upon donor funding.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.