Legal Officer Needed at Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions)
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 10 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
- Responsible for the effective and efficient administration of the Company Secretarial and Legal department, provision of legal advisory services support and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Provides assistance in preparing, drafting and vetting all agreements.
- Conduct legal research to assist the Company Secretary in rendering accurate legal opinion and high standard of commercial practice
- Render returns at CAC, submit forms and other Statutory Notices to CAC for filing and obtain certified true copies
- Assist the Company Secretary in proper documentation/ record keeping of all matters
- Update list of contracts, guarantees, indemnities and security documents, titles, leases, licenses etc, and ensure proper records are obtained and kept
- Update list of litigation-cases database regularly and provide monthly reports on cases and law firm handling it
- Assist in preparation, collation and binding of Board Papers
- Conduct investigations internal and external to outline legal issues affecting the Company and proffer solutions
- Provide effective support for the management of the Company Secretariat function including drafting of minutes, resolutions and excerpts of minutes
- Obtain information from departments for briefing external lawyers, where necessary and assist in collating Legal Reports, Documents/Correspondence on Litigation
- Daily monitoring and reporting of news with particular emphasis on industry related news
- Preparation of monthly report of updates on pending litigation(s) on company and the funds for the sign off of the Company Secretary/Legal adviser
- Good grasp of CAMA and PRA 2014 including PenCom Guidelines
- Maintain and update, in conjunction with the Company Secretary, all statutory books for PAL and any other tasks he/she may be required to do
- Minimum of Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- 2 – 4 years working experience
- LLM would be added advantage
- Must be admitted to the Nigerian Bar
- Hands on skills in managing complex relationship in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Sound analytical mind
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title as the subject of the email.