Freight and Forwarding Manager Job at Prime Next Logistics Limited
Prime Next Logistics Limited – We are a global logistics solution provider, handling all; Air freight, Sea freight, intermodal container, container shipping and other related international shipping services; we act as Import / Export Agents, working on Projects mobilization and demobilization and Ship brokers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freight and Forwarding Manager
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records
- Provide guidance to logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers
- Facilitate inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Correspond with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Facilitate distribution centre operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives
- Assist with the execution of negotiating transportation rates or services
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Plan or advise on improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Analyse all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Execute specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customised transportation metrics.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimise the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Identifying new customer opportunities.
- Maintains and expands customer base.
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements.
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
- Develop and implement marketing plans.
- Expand and develop marketing platforms.
- Maintaining and updating customer databases.
- Conducting market research.
- Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies.
- Report on key performance metrics.
- Create marketing presentations.
- Monitor industry best practices.
- To prepare the daily progress report before the close of the business.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
- Familiar with Sea & Air cargo Import / Export process and procedures in Nigeria
- Familiar with the opening of form M Application to import including other related certificates like PC, SONCAP etc.
- Familiar with managing customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Familiar with how to do customs clearing of goods at destination Apapa, Tincan and other port.
- Familiar with Administering import procedures and documentation and effective liaison with Nigerian Customs
- Initiative, creativity, and ability to complete projects independently
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends and maintaining on-call, backup support
- Demonstrated success with supervision, program management, and strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with microsoft office applications (especially word, excel, outlook) and internet-based applications is required; experience with logistics and/or scheduling software is preferred.
- Industry related degree and/or certification.
- Years of Experience: 2-4 Years experience with increasing levels of responsibility working directly for a 3PL / Freight Forwarding company.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with availability and salary expectation to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the mail.