Resource Mobilization Manager Job at the Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)
Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Manager
- The Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of AYGF’s overall organizational resource mobilization strategy.
- S/he will ensure proper relationship building to cultivate and leverage an ever stronger donor support base for AYGF across select bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and corporate partners.
- Working closely with other Program teams, s/he will lead the development and presentation of proposals to potential donors and partners, support teams on compliance to donor and AYGF requirements during project implementation, and coordinate stakeholder management across donors on an ongoing basis to maximize delivery of the strategic partnerships and shared mission. The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Resource mobilization strategy and systems development
- Developing and maintaining a current understanding of AYGF’s programs.
- Anchoring on AYGF’s institutional resource mobilization strategy, assist in the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between AYGF and its donors.
- Contribute to and review AYGF’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help best position the institution for resource mobilization.
- Under the guidance of the Human Resource unit, take initiatives to expand AYGF’s current donor base, through effective stewardship and new funding opportunities as may be developed to grow donor support for AYGF
- Working with other Resource Mobilization Officers, develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of AYGF’s strategic plan and align with both AYGF and donor priorities.
- Prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Establish and maintain strong relations with a portfolio of donors as a foundation for resource mobilization efforts. Includes gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis AYGF;
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
- Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and AYGF requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Leadership support and external engagement
- Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with AYGF’s Communication Unit to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities
- Support the Chief of party in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to senior management on strategic interaction with individual donors.
- Represent AYGF at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving AYGF’s strategy.
Key Qualifications and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in International Development, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field;
- High level experience of at least 7 years in international development with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for local or international organizations;
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Fluency in English; Knowledge of French will be an advantage;
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of AYGF with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results-oriented and accountable;
- Optimistic and persuasive;
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups of people;
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts) to: firstname.lastname@example.org