Category Planning & Activation Manager Job at Cadbury Nigeria Plc
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Planning & Activation Manager
Job Number: 1814548
This role ensures we have winning strategies and activation plans by (RE) Retail Environment across all categories, based on insight, and cross functionally aligned. The role:
- Ensures Perfect store capability, planning, tracking & corrective action
- Provides 12-month price and promotional plans, in combination with other demand drivers to fully understand and assess sufficiency to AC targets
- Owns the 6-month Sales Activities grid, ensuring the right focus and prioritization and best optimal sales force capacity management.
- Ensures the Sales teams have the clarity, capabilities and tools to execute brilliantly
- Voice of customer, RE & shopper internally and the voice of the category for MT (Modern Trade)/ TT (Traditional Trade).
- Together with the BU Sales Director “orchestrates” the delivery of AC.
- Ensure category strategy in place, defining our role in market place by category.
- Identify category opportunities that exist across channels, customers and shoppers and feed it into the Commercial Planning Process, then translate the category strategy into an Actionable Customer Plans.
- Participates in and supports key customer engagements to secure strategic alliances, category captain partnerships and preferred supplier status that are in the best interest of Mondelez.
- Develop a syndicated information format to address the needs of the non-top 10, yet important, customers
- Utilizes consumer insights to define pricing/promotional activities as well as shelfing standards.
- Ensure SAMP (Sales Activation Master Plan) process applied to drive standard in collaborative planning, activation and tracking of key activities e.g. NPD (New Product Distribution).
- Ensure provision of category expertise to MT team to provide cat man support, big bet sell in support & growth orientated JBPs(Joint Business Plan)
- Ensure Picture of Success in place by RE leveraging shopper & category insight, aligned to global perfect store standards
- Ensure robust process for activation, tracking and corrective action of Perfect store KPIs, in collaboration with sales capability and MT / TT leads
- Defines merchandising best practice by RE through utilization of consumer, shopper and category insights
- Create the category GTN(Gross to Net) budget plan across channels and customers and coordinate the category business results delivery, monitoring the category forecast across channels and customers, monitoring the performance, and managing the gap filling process.
- Ensure 12 month price, promotional and activity programs in place, aligned to AC, and continuously improved through post analysis / ROI reviews
- Ensure SAMP (Sales Activation Master Plan) process contains robust bottom up sales views for NPD / key activities
- Ensure Revenue Management and ROI principles applied on all levels of trade spend and management of resources
- Ensure 6 month bottom up, assumption based sales forecast in collaboration with IBP(Integrated Business Plan) partners with contribution to longer term demand plan as part of country IBP process.
- Rolling 6 month activation grid in place for TT / MT teams as part of overall 12 month promotional plan.
- Tailor the Customer Category Vision to the local market and develop the category Picture of Success (PofS) by retail environment by customer and all supporting rationale and customer stories
- Ensures third party field agency (Activation and Merchandising) has the right capabilities, Skills, resources and information to deliver organisation Objectives.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum 12 to 15 years related experience within an FMCG Sales/Marketing environment especially in Field Sales and Trade Marketing; and 3 to 5 year experience in Sales Leadership role.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or any related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Mixture of both Traditional Trade/Distributor channel and Modern Trade/Key Accounts understanding
- Marketing/Category experience is a plus
- Understanding of Sales Operation principles, Sales KPIs and Sales Force automation mechanics
- Awareness of Sales Capability importance and Sales Training key principles
- Leadership skills
- financial management
- Innovative skills
- Planning and organizational skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online