Fish Farm Manager Vacancy at A&H Farms Limited
A&H Farms Limited is a Fish Farm located in Abeokuta Ogun State. We currently looking to recruit an experienced candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Fish Farm Manager
- Responsible for the operations of the fish farm which comprises the Hatchery, earthen and concrete breeding ponds and the processing unit.
- Managing fish habitats throughout the year
- Establishing and Calculating a feeding regime and monitoring feed management, which is often done by automatic computer systems
- Maintenance of equipment and cages
- Ensuring the water supply is of a sufficient quality for the stock;
- Paying close attention to detail in order to avoid expensive fish losses in what can be a high risk industry
- Responsible for the daily operations and overall management of the fish farm
- Adhering to environmental standards
- Updating knowledge of fish health and nutrition
- Being aware of different water management techniques
- Feeding stock either manually or via automated machinery;
- Planning breeding programmes and growing schedules to obtain maximum efficiency
- Possessing stock skills such as fish handling, spawning, grading and harvesting
- Monitoring the health of the fish and treating them when appropriate;
- Adapting to new technologies as they develop and learning practical skills
- Record keeping and monitoring farm progress
- Keep farmers up to date with latest farming developments
- Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Animal Science, Agriculture, Social Sciences or other related discipline.
- Ability to work well under pressure of time constraints and production requirements with little or no supervision
- Must be able to lead a team of individuals and work well with others.
- Master’s degree in aquaculture or fisheries field a plus
- Be maintaining inventory, managing the equipment maintenance, monitoring fish health and quality or dealing with customer service issues.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Fish Farm Management in a medium/large farm
- Experience in fish husbandry and dealing with fish disease concerns is required
- Strong Personality and leadership skills with good communication skills
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a comprehensive Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org for urgent recruitment and must be willing to resume duty immediately.