Recent Vacancies at Palladium International
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Federal Team Leader
Purpose of Position
- The Federal Team Leader is responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of the Engaged Citizen’s Pillar of the Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) at the Federal level. This includes leading on the delivery of the programme’s interventions at federal level, managing the setting of priorities and workplans and ensuring the maintenance of M&E and KM systems.
- The Federal Leader shall be responsible for the line management and supervision of Federal Partnership Facilitators, Federal Programme Officer as well as short term advisors.
- They shall be responsible for managing the performance of these members of staff and building relationships between them to create an effective team, as well as playing a leading role in managing relationships with programme partners, including with DFID, government representatives and other programmes working at the Federal level.
Visioning, strategizing, development of approach:
- Lead on the delivery of the programme’s interventions at the Federal/National level, including co-ordinating the inputs of technical advisors and consortium partners. Reviewing research outputs and supporting the selection and prioritization of issues and partnerships to support at the Federal level, in co-ordination with those issues taken up by state teams.
- Leading the development of workplans and budgets based on this and communicate these to staff and partners
- Contributing to refinements of programme priorities and approach on an on-going basis through support for processes of reflection, review and re-strategizing within the team
- Supervising the completion of operational research into delivery approaches at the federal level, where relevant.
Leadership, Teamwork, Relationship Management:
- Actively contribute to Team-Building within the ECP team – use of shared mission, vision, values, identity/public profile, use of staff meetings, staff welfare, social events, formal and informal opportunities, etc, to reinforce teamwork. Look out for, highlight and support resolution of internal challenges impacting on team performance
- Provide leadership for the team. Maintain strong working relationships with other members of the ECP and ARC Federal Teams and deliver a shared approach and workplan. Provide support to other members of the team as needs arise and consult each other closely.
- Maintain close working relationships and ensure co-ordination with members of the ECP Technical, MEL and Operational support teams. Ensure the Federal Team is working within systems and approaches developed by these teams.
- Work closely together with ECP consortium partners working at the Federal level. Ensure they are included in the development and delivery of programme strategy and approach.
- Liaise closely with key programme partners at the Federal level, including the Bureau of Public Sector Reform, Open Governance Partnership Secretariat, National Orientation Agency and NASS.
Operationalisation of Approach, Delivery of support, results:
- Oversee the implementation of the Federal/National workplan through effective delegation of duties within the team (between Federal Partnership Facilitators, the Federal Programme Officer and short term advisors) and oversight and management of their work
- Oversee how programme resources (funds/budget and ST-TA) are being allocated/managed/used in support of partners. Habitually monitor and promote value for money analysis and diminishing financial dependency of local partners on ECP in line with ECP’s broad empowerment approach
- Ensure work at the Federal level is fully integrated with ECP’s information management, communication and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Review progress in depth on a quarterly basis, ensure results are appropriately captured and reported on.
- Mobilize and effectively oversee short term advisors inputting to the Federal team. Ensure resources are used strategically in line with the programmes broader approaches and catered towards a diminishing dependency.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Line managed by the National Team Leader
- The Federal Team Leader is responsible for working under the direction provided by the National Team Leader, regularly reporting to them and ensuring his/her activities fall within agreed frameworks and operating principles, as well as building an effective working relationship more broadly.
- Line manager of Federal Partnership Facilitators and the Federal Programme Officer
- Provide daily oversight, staff performance management, including mentoring, staff development (in line with ECP’s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviours and their ToR), signing off timesheets, appraisal, mediation, arbitration, and enforcement of discipline.
- Ensure familiarity with all DFID and Palladium policies & procedures and check the ECP SharePoint regularly to ensure that any updates are also being implemented in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all stipulated PERL-ECP communications protocols regarding use of official email, Box, SharePoint/MIS, Twitter, Facebook, etc. accounts.
- Ensure all labour and finances relating to this role is accurately reported (using correct codes, inserting adequate comments) in timesheets, expense claims and cashbooks.
- Ensure cost of all activities completed falls within that forecasted to ensure monthly variances of reimbursable income to DFID are kept below 5% in Q1-Q3; 2% in Q4.
- Work to place the programme’s core values/principles, approach, ethos and priorities above private interests while delivering to this role.
Minimum Education and Experience required:
- Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in supporting civil society and voice and accountability in Nigeria
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise required:
- Strong expertise in building relationships with high level stakeholders in government, media and civil society
- Expertise in the line management and mentoring of programme teams
- Strong skills in overseeing and managing systems for the delivery of development programmes, including planning frameworks, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management
- Good understanding of state and civil society dynamics in Nigeria, particularly at the federal level
Key Values and Behaviours required:
- Respectfulness & Inclusiveness Learning & Sharing
- Adaptive and Iterative
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Consultant – Coordinate a Household Health Expenditure Survey – Abia, Ebonyi,Osun
The objectives of the Household Health Expenditure Study are to:
- To determine the incidence and nature of expenditure on health incurred by households with a view to estimating the amounts of “out of pocket” (OOP) payments for health.
- To determine the amount households are willing to pay for health insurance premiums.
The following are supporting objectives:
- To understand the patterns of healthcare utilization of households in the three focus states.
- To determine the incidence of catastrophic health spending amongst households.
- To determine the knowledge and attitude of households towards health insurance.
- Estimate the Willingness to Pay for health insurance across different socioeconomic groups.
- To achieve the study objectives outlined above, Palladium, through the HP+ Project, is seeking a Survey Manager to support the implementation and management of the HHES.
- The successful candidate will be engaged to complete the components of the HHES as described above and will work collaboratively with HP+, the Federal Ministry of Health and the State Ministries of Health involved in the study to achieve the study objectives
The Specific Responsibilities of the selected Survey Manager will be to:
- Support the identification and selection of a team of qualified data collectors and supervisors. Data collectors should have experience in conducting household surveys, be fluent in English, local languages and be familiar with the use of mobile devices for data collection
- Manage the team of recruited data collectors and supervisors in conducting the survey
- Organize and facilitate a training workshop for data collectors and supervisors on survey implementation, including the survey protocol and tools to be used
- Pretest the questionnaires and revise accordingly (including local language adjustments) as part of the field staff training
- Organize all aspects of field work logistics and supervise survey data collection for the duration of the survey including but not limited to community entry, mapping/listing of households, data collection, data quality assurance and upload of completed instruments
- Clean data based on skip patterns and filters in the survey questionnaire and provide general management of the data entry component of the survey.
- Respond to questions and/or requests for more information by HP+ as needed during this survey and inform any changes in the timeline for delivery of products associated with this survey.
- Analyse the collected and cleaned data based on a documented Analysis Plan agreed with HP+ and relevant stakeholders at the states
- Position is based in Abuja, but consultant should be prepared to travel to Abia, Osun, and Ebonyi states
- An inception report which responds to the scope of work by adding any further detail or clarification regarding the study approach, method, or implementation arrangements
- Field work implementation plan (to be submitted before field work begins.). This field work plan should be presented to HP+ and the state Ministries of Health, and revised as necessary prior to commencing field work
- Cleaned data files (including Questionnaires) in an agreed format with data correctly organized, variables named and labeled.
- Overall HHES report that outlines the methodology and aggregated results of the survey
Qualifications Required and Experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics or other related discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies and research techniques
- Over 5 years’ experience in conducting and/or managing field implementation of household surveys across multiple states in Nigeria
- Experience in conducting surveys using Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) methods
- Demonstratable understanding of Nigeria’s health financing environment and reforms
- Experience and proficiency in using statistical techniques and software such as Stata, SPSS etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills
- Strong report-writing skills
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th January, 2019.