Job Vacancies at Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda
The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: Director, Works & Services
- Responsible to the Rector on the overall control of the Works & Services Department.
- Planning and controlling of the technical activities of the department.
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic assets.
- Keeping an inventory of all vehicles and laboratories and responsible for the maintenance, servicing and up keeping among other schedules and as may be assigned by the Rector.
- Candidate should be fully registered Engineer with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience or a registered engineer with Masters Degree pIus 18 years post qualification cognate experience or a registered engineer with doctorate Degree plus 14 years post-qualification experience or
- Relevant B.Sc in Engineering who has registered with COREN and acquired at least seventeen years (17) post-qualification experience.
Job Title: Director, Medical Services
- Takes sole charge of medical centre.
- Responsible to the Rector on the general administration of the medical department.
- Handling issues on National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) for staff and students among other schedules and as may be assigned by the Rector.
- Must be a holder of MBBS and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, with 18 years post-qualification cognate experience or
- A post graduate medical qualification in Medicine with at least 18 years post- qualification cognate experience.
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic. He has power to exercise general authority over both staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council. In addition of proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavour and be credible to the Polytechnic.
- It should be noted that the position of the Rector became vacant as at 16th November, 2018 when Mr. President removed him as the Rector. This is in line with Section 16 of the Federal polytechnic Act, 1993, CAP, F17, hence, the Governing Council is initiating the process of filling the vacancy based on the conditions attached to the post.
Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a Master Degree or Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years professional and administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer of not less than five (5) years experience on the rank from the Polytechnic sector.
- Must not be more than 60 years of age as at the time of assumption of office.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must be registered with relevant professional regulatory body in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals as well as papers presented at National Conferences/Seminars and chapter contribution in standard text books.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital; and
- Must be proficient in Information & Communication Technology.
Terms of appointment and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a term of four years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four years and no more.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, twenty (20) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname, First and Last Underlined);
- Date and Place of Birth;
- State of Origin and Local Government Area;
- Nationality and how acquired;
- Marital status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Current postal address including telephone numbers and e-mail;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates;
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations;
- Evidence of Community Service;
- Present appointment with date and salary;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the “Registrar” via the address below. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic, managerial and leadership capabilities as well as their notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelopes and marked “Application for the Post of Rector” at the top left hand corner, addressed to:
P.M.B. 1012 – Kaura Namoda,
Application Deadline 20th February, 2019.
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview; photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.