Jobs at Traders of Africa Limited, Lagos
Job Title: Sourcing Agent/Field Agent
- As a Sourcing Agent you will be responsible for handling the company’s end to end sourcing operations on specific products.
- The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve sourcing and exporting various products as well as supplying partnerships and new possibilities.
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio on specific product, their specifications and quantity.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
- Research and Study where the products are located, their origin and their seasons.
- Research and Perform costing analysis and tabulate their CIF AND FOB prices and our profit per tonne.
- Research and contact reliable / trustworthy suppliers of the product.
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals.
- Make sure you obtain schedule and timelines to supply product from chosen suppliers.
- Research, contact and verify local forwarders at the product location.
- Negotiate Forwarder’s fee.
- Research and Contact buyers for the product.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Set monthly targets for successful export of the product to buyers.
- Update existing pricing.
- Identify challenges and concerns and how to resolve them.
- Travel to inspect the product, verify the suppliers and forwarders. In addition, travel to supervise the loading and export of this product, take pictures and obtain all shipping documents and invoices.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Computer skills – able to work in all office products and use the internet.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to multi task many projects and issues on a daily basis.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be available to travel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com