Procurement Interns Job Vacancy at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Intern
Duration: 6 Months
- To administer elements of the purchasing activity from material reacquisition to complete delivery to company store.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of all orders placed and transactions up to the receipt of goods.
- Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material or equipment
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine source of problem and take corrective action.
- Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goodsand services required.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price,checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery.
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
We are looking for:
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work cognate experience
- Possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Analytical, detailed oriented, aptitude to learn, flexible in working hours.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree holder preferable in Procurement/Supply Chain Management related discipline
- CIPS qualification
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Good working knowledge of Procurement software e.g SAP, IFS etc.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment acquiring skills, knowledge and exposure to a service provider setup. General exposure to procurement at global level.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th January, 2019.