Investor Relations Associate Job at Africa Finance Corporation (AFC)
Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) – Established in 2007, the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) is a private sector-led investment bank and development finance institution created to help mobilize and channel required capital towards driving Africa’s economic development. AFC’s mission is to address Africa’s development needs in a profitable way, creating benefits for both investors and societies in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investor Relations Associate
Job Summary & Purpose
- The job holder will be primarily focused on management of all aspects of investor relations, shareholder satisfaction, support, and help forge a new strategic direction to drive AFC’s organizational growth.
- This is a CEO front office role with investor relations responsibilities. The job holder must be highly motivated, and ambitious to meet the annual targets required to support AFC growth aspirations.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
- Assists with providing advisory support in managing relationships with shareholders of firms
- Assist with Planning, organizing, and executing programmes to keep stakeholders. (international organizations, the public, specific groups, member & non-member countries etc.) educated on projects and accomplishments of the Organization.
- Assist with preparation of high-quality conference scripts for investor conference calls and roadshows
- Draft agenda and materials for investor conference calls and roadshow
- Work with corporate communications in developing customized communication plan for investors
- Assist with development, review and disclosure of relevant information, documentation, reports and all materials address to current and potential investors
- Work with relevant stakeholders in developing and implementation of new tools and concepts
- Assist with development of investor relations policy, procedure and plans
- Maintain and develop relationships with targeted investors and core audiences
- Work with cross functional teams with the development of annual general reports, investors presentations, statement of disclosure etc.
- Assist with development and update of standard documentation templates such as memo; board reports etc.
- Maintain database on internal & external trends beneficial to the organization
- Present knowledge trends/developments in usable manner for management decision making.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or any related discipline
- 4 to 7 years working experience in an international financial institution or within a multinational business new business development
- Good experience and understanding of infrastructure development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and private equity
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure development landscape across the African market
- Good business relationships building skills
- Good understanding of crisis and issues management
- Ability to innovate and think outside the box and social competence
- Ability to multi task, function effectively under pressure and culturally open
- Good team work attitude and influencing ability
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable commitment to high ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Accounting/ financial analysis
- Possess good negotiation skills to manage prospective investors
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of cultural and political contexts reflecting AFC’s international presence
Key Performance Indicators
- Expected return on investments from high growth new business initiatives
- Number of New projects won and successfully executed
- Devise and ensure the successful implementation of AFC’s new business strategy
- Increase in sell side coverage
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online