Nationwide Jobs For Logistics Officers at Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- Bridge International Academies is looking for a Logistics Officer who will be responsible for providing efficient and cost effective Logistics and Supply Chain support services to support the business.
- The holder of this position will deliver high quality professional logistics and administration services and lead the development and implementation of tools, processes, policies and practices covering all aspects of Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Ability to deal with hands on issues , create effective liaison with heads of department and other key staff and management of various aspects of the logistics chain as well as participating in strategic thinking will be key to success in this position.
What You Will Do
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Manager, Introduce a formalized and highly organized approach in the region to guide all distribution activities between headquarters and schools in given region.
- Compilation of delivery schedules, route mappings, delivery tracking and reporting systems to ensure on time and complete deliveries
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with procurement, operations, construction, training, finance, research, administration and HR departments, taxi operators, motorcycle service providers and other partners within the Logistics services chain to create a partnership that adds value to Bridge International Academies
- Negotiation of prices, lead times and other contractual terms with distribution and transport contractors in the areas the region assigned.
- Reviewing and embedding with user departments the specifications for various logistics services required for school operations and other departments
- Creating and fostering relationships with diverse logistics and supply chain professional associations to ensure gainful experience and knowledge sharing
- Seek, evaluate and recommend reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality logistics services at reasonable prices in the region.
- Determining distribution schedules and timing of deliveries to and from schools and keeping track of delivery times throughout the delivery process
- Working with department managers and other staff to forecast demand for logistics services and to ascertain that deliveries are dispatched recorded and signed for by recipients.
- Provide oversight over the material handling staff assigned to the region.
- Deal with and resolve any logistical challenges including failure by internal and external stakeholders to meet expected performance benchmarks
- Budgeting, reporting and analysis of Logistics costs to ensure high visibility and control of related expenses and proper allocation to user departments
- Periodic reporting of Logistics activities and projects in assigned region
- Working internally and with external legal support to ensure suitable agreements that would ensure appropriate terms of engagement with suppliers of high transport and delivery services
- Support School Operations, Technology, Training and Construction departments and other functions in legal and contractual processes for Logistics needs.
- Act as the Deputy Logistics Manager when called upon.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance Logistics processes
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in management of Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements
- Experience with Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Ability to present Logistics services feedback, policies and procedures to senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to organize large volumes of Logistics requirements for a broad range of office and operational needs. Must have the ability to quickly learn and improve systems
- Good hands on knowledge of Microsoft Office suite application.
You Are Also
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online