Job For Health Program Assistant at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Program Assistant
Duration: 5 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
- The IFRC under its new vision for 2020 established its West Coast Cluster Office in Abuja to cover seven countries, namely Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire and Benin.
- To strengthen its presence and ensure better integration and effective support to the National Societies, the work of the office is organised around the 3 pillars of health, disaster management and organisational development.
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the World’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network.
- The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- The overall aim of the IFRC is” to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
- The Federation is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional and country offices throughout the world.
Reporting to the Health Delegate the Health Programmes Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support in the timely and smooth implementation of the tasks and responsibilities linked to the health plan and priorities.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and technical support to the health team and to all the programmes.
- Assist to support the operational team in the translation and dissemination of their needs within the communities.
- Assist in the follow up of the management of programme implementation in the operational area
- Assist in close collaboration with the National Societies to ensure close and appropriate linkages between the health team and the branches;
- Provide the data management services for the operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Health Programmes Assistant is responsible for: Administrative Support:
- Provide support in drafting, editing and preparing presentations, correspondence and other communications when required.
- Support knowledge management systems and file.
- Maintain a central filing system for the operational team coordinate with archives and records ensuring all key documents are accessible and appropriately archived for all health-related programmes.
- Manage the health team office inventory stocks and archives in collaboration with the Logistics delegate
- In close collaboration with the health team, develop and maintain up-to-date mailing lists, contact lists for internal and external stakeholders for health-related matters.
- Accountable for providing professional administrative expertise and support.
- Support the health team in the organization of meetings internally or externally: Planning and events, issuing and preparing invitations and requests for meetings.
- Collect, compiles, tracks and anticipates the necessary documentation and files containing briefings and information for meetings, events and mission travel and ensures the required clearances.
- Attend meetings and prepares meeting notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements and action points for follow-up), upon request identify meeting content.
- Keep the various operational file holders informed of requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned by the health team at the field level. Program
- Conduct research on various health emergencies, health status and related issues.
- Support to the program activities across the project cycle.
- Supports the team in the daily program activities and provide assistance to compile any financial report. Communication
- Relevant university Degree in Health Management, Public Health or other related fields Master’s Degree in Public Health or related Discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in health projects
- Experience working with international non- governmental organization
- Experience in writing report, case studies and M&E
- Experience of working with National Societies
- Basic secretarial skills
Knowledge, skills and languages:
- Competencies and values
- National Society relations
- Communication and Teamwork
- Professionalism, Integrity and Diversity
- Judgement and Decision-making
- Results focus and accountability
- Self-supporting in computers
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Motivated, self-started personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Good negotiation skills, good judgment and maturity
- Good knowledge of the operational context and area
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th January, 2019.