Job Vacancies at Nextier Advisory
Nextier is a multi-competency public service advisory firm and think tank with experience bringing diverse actors together to address governance problems in highly complex environments. Nextier has core competencies in policy research, strategy, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication. Nextier consultants bring deep knowledge of their industries; deliver rigorous analysis, and present pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Analyst
- We are looking to hire a skilled analyst to manage the knowledge developed by its various business units: Nextier Advisory, Nextier Power, Nextier SPD, and Credo Advisory.
- Each of these business units generates analysis and insights for various internal and external audiences. The Knowledge Management Analyst will work closely with professionals in the various business units to aggregate, categorise and share knowledge.
- The Analyst will work closely with the business unit heads to agree on how to categorise the materials on the internal Nextier KX (Knowledge Exchange) and on what to share with external audiences through the Nextier Perspectives app.
The Knowledge Management Analyst will:
- Ensure appropriate content is shared with the various audiences
- Manage the various databases
- Quality Assurance of all Nextier information shared internally and externally
- Proof read all publications of Nextier.
- Aggregate and categorise knowledge on the Nextier KX
- Oversee the output of the Knowledge Management Team
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of external publications
- Oversee the publication of the various daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual publications across the various business units
- Agree the topics and calendar for the publications and ensure that the schedule is strictly adhered to
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent proof-reading and editing skills
- Self-starter, result oriented, high-energy level, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Economics or any related Sciences or Social Sciences discipline (Second class upper division at the minimum)
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable interest in research and project management
Job Title: Database Analyst
- We are looking to hire a skilled analyst to manage the database of Nextier’s various business units: Nextier Advisory, Nextier Power, Nextier SPD and Credo Advisory.
- The role will be primarily responsible for maintaining the curriculum vitae records including access, archiving and the maintenance of the database.
- Test and develop database management plan
- Create existing database methods and create study for suggested changes
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of the database infrastructure
- Manage and grow a robust database for Nextier
- Assist in planning and designing databases as well as maintain links to ensure functionalities are operating well
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the department and also support database structure and data.
- Set up, maintenance, review and update of the database records system
- Ensure adherence to the policies guiding database usage and compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
- Identify and address data integrity issues
- Provide information to other business units from the database system
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- Relevant professional qualification and certification is mandatory
- Experience in an IT environment, with experience in data analysis
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Track record producing robust, industry-leading solutions.
- Good understanding of database architecture, software and database management systems
- Good knowledge of document management systems
- Understanding of quality delivery, meeting and exceeding standards
- Passion for working with people and creating excellent end-user solutions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the Job Title you are applying for- For Example: (Knowledge Management Analyst)
Application Deadline 30th January, 2019.
Note: Kindly follow all application instructions above, CV received without the appropriate subject title will be disqualified. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.