Product Operations Intern Vacancy at Paystack Nigeria
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Operations Intern
About the Product Operations Intern Role
- As a Product Operations Intern at Paystack, you’ll help operate and monitor the critical backend processes that allows Paystack to deliver an industry-leading payments experience to merchants and customers.
- This is a short-term role and is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos. We are looking for young, smart, eager individuals who are about to begin their NYSC service year and are interested in interning at a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Be Doing (Core Responsibilities)
- Daily management of our dispute management process on behalf of our merchants and acquirers across the continent
- Provide email and phone support to acquirers and merchants for any dispute related issues
- Manage the refunds process end-to-end and ensure all refunds are initiated and completed in a timely manner
- Provide email and phone support to merchants for any refund related issues
- Proactively spot glitches or bugs observed with Paystack’s internal disputes or refunds tool and work with relevant product teams to ensure they are resolved as quickly and possible
- Daily reconciliation of debits that arise from the chargebacks process and escalation to acquirers where discrepancies arise
- Regularly compile and share insights and trends gleaned during the dispute management and refunds process
- Work with the Product Operations team to suggest ways to improve our internal disputes and refunds tools
What it takes to Succeed at this Role:
- Keen to learn and get involved in the wider business processes
- Process-driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly – verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing
- Compelling and persuasive when you find a solution you believe in. Able to work across teams without direct authority and win the day with numbers, letters, and passion
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment and work product feedback cycles that range from one day to several years depending on the day of the week
- Driven to innovate, rather than being limited by what is there or has already been done before
- You have a professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled and are able to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently
- A strong problem solver with an interest in resolving customer issues, enjoy working in a metrics-driven organisation, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An individual with exceptional organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- An individual with excellent data analysis skills and strong time management skills required to meet the internal and external deadlines/ cutoffs
While this is not strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previously worked at fast growing internet startups
- Have previously worked on fintech or payment products
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM 25th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button when the above links opens
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you’ll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test
- Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com