Latest Vacancies at Greensprings School
Greensprings School is an international co-educational services limited comprising of Preparatory School, Elementary School and Secondary School. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society. We value our students, employees and other stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
- The Laboratory Technologist must be able to perform various science related tasks, purchase specimen, apparatus and collect needed samples as requested by the subject teachers.
- The Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for the preparation of solutions, laboratory testing, safe keeping of the apparatus and chemicals, and the maintenance of accurate records.
- The individual will work collaboratively with all the teachers in accordance with the policy of the department.
But not limited to the following:
- Prepare samples/specimens/solutions for use
- Perform daily quality checks on laboratory apparatus and equipment
- Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment
- Label specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate subject teacher in the department
- Clean and maintain work area and all laboratory equipment and supplies
- Keep records of broken glassware and report to accounts department promptly
- Understand and interpret accurately the IGCSE instructions
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Document all activities in the laboratory for record purposes
- Maintain and track reports on reagents and chemicals to avoid use of expired resources
- Help with administrative tasks when needed
- Clear all apparatus and reagents immediately from the laboratory after practicals
- Assist in displaying students’ work on the boards
- Ensuring resources are up to date
- Ensure gas does not run dry before refilling
- Ensure that there is constant water supply in the laboratories
- Always available in the department for any urgent duty
- Experience: Candidate must possess at least 3 years active relevant experience.
- Educational Qualification: HND/B.Tech in Science Laboratory Technology or any related field.
- High technical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
- Effective communication, both verbally and writing
- Ability to easily understand complex instructions
- Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and records
- Excellent computer skills
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the seven core values of the school:
- Child Centredness
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
But not limited to the following:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in relevant department or plumbing and HVACs.
- Maintaining and repairing mechanical part of pumps, compressors, trudes, traction and generator.
- Inspect all equipment and generator to ensure efficiency in operation.
- Carryout regular check on all equipment and generator to determine the extent of wear/damages to enable repair and advice on replacement.
- Ensure operations of machinery and mechanical equipment by carrying out preventive maintenance required on engine motors and production.
- Follow diagrams/sketches/manufacturer instructions specified in troubleshooting.
- Locate source of problems by observing operations of machine and equipment running precision measure and testing instrument.
- Controlling downtime of equipment by carrying out preventive maintenance techniques.
- Maintaining continuity by documentation, keeping proper and adequate records and communication.
- Carry out any other assignment that might be given to him in the course of your duty.
- In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met
Qualification, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of HND in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 – 7years experience
- Ensuring high standards of work ethics
- Maintaining a good relationship with all stake holders in the school community
- To have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated professional and energetic
- Fully flexible regarding working hours and days working weekends out of hours
- The ability to prioritise works, accommodate conflicting requests, whilst ensuring the day to day functionality of the organisation
- Ability to identify faults in equipment accurately and quickly when under pressure
- Relaxed approach to pressurised situations
- Highly organised with the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent H&S Knowledge and Standards
- To take personal responsibility for own actions
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 30th January, 2019.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.