International Organization for Migration (IOM) recruitment for a Human Resource Assistant
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2019/08
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall guidance of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), the incumbent will assist in all the required administrative activities in Human Resources and the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Human Resources Unit daily; Provide advice & guidance to staff on organizational rules & regulations as required; Participate in discussions on new or revised procedures and practices and makes suggestions for a more effective Human resource management.
- Assist the HR Officer to manage the separation process for National Staff and ensure all formalities are followed and payments / reimbursements are completed within the stipulated time frame. particularly: Draft separation notices; Ensure due completion of Separation Clearance Forms; Coordinate employee exit Medicals (as required); coordinate all Separation Clearance Statements with Panama in coordination with the HR Officer as required;
- Support in the review of HR Matrixes systematically, to conform to HR Data Integrity Standards such as Verification, Accuracy and ‘Real Time’. Prepare and share HR Correspondence and Matrixes as requested for by the HRO having a systematic approach to guarantee information provided is verified.
- Monitor compliance with all local administrative procedures in accordance with the Organization’s regulations and procedures and reporting any deviations if any to the HR Officer, for corrective measures made as required;
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Support the HR Officer for all Contract renewal processes made on SAP in accordance with the Organization’s regulations and procedures and duly coordinated with Managers; ensure benefits to staff are granted upon eligibility e.g. Short-Term, Fixed Term, AWG etc. for National Staff in line with the USRR or SRR as required; reporting to the HR Officer of any deviations if any;
- Assist the HR officer on leave administration of national staff; ensuring timely reconciliation on SAP.
- Support the HR Officer to manage the Time management Process in the mission in a manner that is within the IOM Rules and Regulations, and support in establishing due practices in the mission. Ensure all Danger pay related payments are made in a timely and accurate manner verifying all processes are in place. Ensure timely reconciliation on SAP.
- Be responsible for the preparation of monthly danger pay for both national and International staff; while ensuring danger pay upload on SAP is included in Payroll for each month.
- Coordinate National Staff MSP Inclusion as and when required;
- Any other duties as assigned by HR Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree, Diploma or its equivalent in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum five years (three years for Degree Holders) in related field; preferably within the United Nations or the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory; Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; Accountability; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills; SAP knowledge is desirable
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.intindicating position applied on subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019.08 Abuja. Human Resource Assistant G5.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th January, 2019.