Sound Operation Assistant (SOA) Position at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Sound Operation Assistant (SOA)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: University Events & Ceremonies
- We are seeking for a Sound Operation Assistant. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Summary of Position
- The Sound Operation Assistant shall work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, Audiovisual & Technical Services in assisting the Senior Director of University Events & Ceremonies in the planning and management of all university events and ceremonies and all other events as may be requested by other departments.
- He/she will assist in the implementation of AUN sound (audio) programs by providing audio-visual support to faculty and students using available resources in accordance with the policies and procedures of the university.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma (HND) or vocational qualification in related subjects such as sound technology, sound engineering, physics, electrical engineering and media/sound production.
- Three to Five years’ experience in sound technology management
- Ability to communicate in English
- Great ability and willingness to work under stress and extended hours (including weekends/public holidays)
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Sound Operation Assistant must have technical ability and a detailed knowledge of the science of sound.
- Knowledge of word processing and other basic office applications
- General knowledge of information technology devices
- General knowledge of audiovisual equipment
- General knowledge of software packages used in the Audio-Visual Support Unit.
- Sound Technician and Operation Assistant must have specialized skills on digital sound equipment with five years practical experience.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.