Finance Business Executive Vacancy at JAGAL Group
Jagal is a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments. By cultivating leadership and developing a culture of excellence, Jagal is dedicated to empowering people and building strategic partnerships that aim to achieve sustainable growth for the advancement of the Nigerian community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Business Executive
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The role has a dual purpose:
- Business Planning: To be responsible for the annual budgeting and re-forecast process, timely production of the monthly consolidated accounts, evaluate the weekly cash flow analysis across the all business entities, provide insightful commentary and reporting across all Jagal business units and Joint Ventures.
- Business Partnering: support role to Jagal Energy developing financial and commercial growth strategies, financial and cash management and governance, control and compliance across our Joint Ventures
Key Objectives and Aims
- The Finance Business Executive will oversee and drive business planning & reporting and conduct performance evaluation analysis to support the Jagal Executive Committee to monitor the achievement of key business objectives.
- Further, they will provide strategic financial leadership and support to the Exec team.
- The role requires specific focus on practical implementation and process compliance on all financial, commercial, administrative and fiscal matters with respect to Joint Venture management.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Business Planning Process – Responsible for business planning process across Jagal, including issuing instructions, detailed templates, setting of key assumptions, data collections process, consolidation, evaluation and assessment
- Internal Reporting – Oversee and drive on time delivery for all Jagal financial reporting to enhance management information to drive timely decision making for the business. Report and evaluation of Joint Venture Income
- Reporting Insights – Overseeing, challenging and preparing critical business commentary, variance analysis to provide insight and drive decision-making.
- Strategy – Responsible for the development of financial and commercial growth strategies across existing JVs and new opportunities and for successful planning and implementation of the same
- Cash management – develop timely forecasts & plans which have absolute integrity, scenarios planning outcomes and comprehensive insightful value added commentary.
- Controls – focus and lead on strict financial discipline, governance, control and compliance and ensure effective processes prevail
- Major Bids – work closely with the Commercial team on Major Project Bids.
- Risk Management – evaluate, manage and mitigate key business risks
- Corporate Finance – provide support to inorganic Corporate Finance related evaluations and decisions e.g. M&A, Financing
- Project Support – Provide ad-hoc support to the GCFO/Exec team as required (i.e. special projects)
- Qualified accountant, with at least 10 years post qualification experience
- Reporting and Business Planning (experience essential)
- Advanced user of both financial analytics tools and Excel
- Sector experience preferred – Oil & Gas, Joint Ventures. Knowledge of the regulation of Free Zones
- Broad commercial awareness and able to focus on the key business issues and propose practical options towards a solution (assist in execution where required)
- Absolute confidentiality, integrity and total discretion
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective communicator to Board level, who has ability to communicate complex messages with clarity
- Strong business partnering skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to apply hands on effort in several areas and a strong leadership and organisational capability backed by robust blue chip experience in strategic analysis and modelling
- Effective in a small and multi-functional team
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online