Project Engineer I Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer I
Job Type: Contracts
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems.
- Provides technical support for the engineering process.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participates in Invitation to Tender (ITT) development, bid evaluation and contractor selection
- Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, assuring Front End Engineering Design (FEED) contractor support until equipment is assigned to the contractor
- Coordinates development of Functional Interaction Plan
- Coordinates project issues resolution process
- Coordinates change requests & endorses change authorization
- Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives
- Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards
- Serves as interface between Project Team & Contractor
- Ensures smooth transitions between project stages
- Leads Project Management Team (PMT) in applying Project Management Systems.
- BS degree in Engineering field
- 5+ years’ experience in multiple assignments in engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities .
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set) .
- Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes . Strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning & interface skills . Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads & frequent changes in priorities .
- Excellent communication skills & ability to read, write & speak fluent English . Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This is a job level 1 position: 1 to 10 years of related experience is required.