Finance Officer Job at the Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Position to start: 1st quarter, 2019
Contract Duration: 6 months
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Maiduguri.
The Finance Officer will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Respect existing financial procedures and send all accounting documents to the Capital Office
- Ensure the proper allocation of each expense to the corresponding project
- Ensure that the finance Assistant(s) are filling the Manual Cash Book and properly carrying out their tasks
- Upload in the NGO accountancy program SAGA all the base accountancy on a weekly basis and check it on a monthly basis before sending it to the Capital Office on the 5th of each month
- Supervise the weekly and monthly cash reconciliations and the monthly bank reconciliation
- Supervise the relation with the bank(s)
- Sent a weekly cash request to the Capital Office and liaise with Program teams and Logistics to prepare a Base Monthly Cash Request to be sent to the Capital Office
- Update the Contract Follow-Up each time a new contract is signed and each time a payment relative to a contract is done. Send the Contract Follow-Up to the Capital Office on the 5th of each month
- Follow-up financial indicators of ACTED’s projects
- Help the Country Office to have a clear vision of the base’s financial situation
- Help the Area Coordination/Country Director to have a clear vision of the area’s financial situation
The Finance Officer is responsible for accountancy. This will include the following:
- Check and control the base accountancy
- Follow up on financial and accountancy procedures of ACTED Nigeria
- Ensure efficient flow of financial and accountancy information to Country Finance
- Financial accountability of projects
- Ensure that all the expenses of the area are allocated on the available projects
- Ensure that the running cost of the area are not exceeding the standard norms
- Responsible for procurement documentation
- Ensure that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM or CR;
- FLAT Management at the base level
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, or another relevant Degree
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- At least 1 year experience in an Accounting Department preferably in an NGO
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise
- Good IT skills and confidence in Excel and Word
- Excellent in SAGA
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered
- ACTED/REACH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates, we apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The subject of the Ccover Letter must read: “Application – Finance Officer”.