Job For Accounts Supervisor at the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Supervisor
Reporting To: Financial Accounting & External Reporting Lead
Job Type: Full time
- Will be responsible for carrying out period close activities and preparation of periodic financial statements for external/internal reporting
- Maintaining sundry creditors accounts and its reconciliation
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by Head General Accounting or Head of Department.
- Timely preparation of trial balances from the sub-ledger and general ledger for period close activities
- Maintenance of various accounting areas like fixed assets, parts inventory, cash, reconciliation of accounts and resolving any reconciling item
- Analyses transaction data for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information, developing procedures, and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements
- Preparing timetable for the submission of required reports to the regulatory or statutory bodies
- Notifying the relevant units of required reports based on the timetable
- Resolving variances in period close activities with various departments at the head office and business units.
- Also responsible for addressing errors and posting adjusting entries.
- Will be responsible for payables & payments activities at headquarter level.
- Making computation of bill amount and adjustments
- Ensure that company’s invoices are precisely administered.
- A good First degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant science or social science field
- Requires at least 4 years’ relevant work experience with advanced/ extensive knowledge and mastery of relevant theories, principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience or special development.
- ACCA / ICAN certification would be an added advantage
- Financial accounting including basic book-keeping
- Accounting Policies and Transactions
- Management Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th February, 2019.