Vacancy For Country Safety & Security Officer at Sightsavers
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Safety & Security Officer
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Contract: 24 months fixed term contract
Reports to: Security and Resilience Manager, Sightsavers
Responsible for: Coordination of Security plan in Nigeria
Department: Finance and Performance
- The Country Safety & Security Officer, reporting to the Global Head of Security, is responsible for the coordination of the country security plan within Nigeria.
- The position ensures local risk controls and standard operating procedures are adhered to and coordinates field safety. The position will be based in Kaduna, Nigeria.
- Implements and coordinates access control procedures.
- Manages office safety and security equipment such as fire and first aid kits and hibernation boxes.
- Coordinates journey management and conducts risk assessments on all journeys outside of the office location.
- Acts as point of contact for traveller communications.
- Coordinates assessment of all hotels in Nigeria used by Sightsavers staff in line with SOPs.
- Coordinates and assesses all travel in Nigeria for international staff in conjunction with the Global Head of Security.
- Holds responsibilities for airport pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Delivers safety and security briefings to international visitors
- Maintains and updates the country welcome pack and arrivals brief.
Communications and Risk Assessment:
- Assists the GHOS and the Country Director in preparing risk assessments for current and new programmes.
- Attends INGO security forums as Sightsavers representative.
- Prepares monthly threat situational reports for the country director and GHOS.
- Holds the country emergency phone and maintains the emergency communications system.
- Holds responsibilities for all incident reporting within Nigeria.
- Coordinates country call tree, emergency contact lists and incident alert system.
- Coordinates vehicle safety checks in liaison with the lead driver.
- Ensures all vehicles are registered and drivers are licensed.
- Ensures all Sightsavers vehicles are equipped in line with SOPs.
- Responsible for vetting of third-party vehicle providers
- Updates and maintains approved hospital/clinic lists throughout Nigeria
- Ensures staff have appropriate medical equipment for domestic travel.
- Experience of conducting risk assessments
- Solid understanding of physical security management processes.
- Security management qualification (CPP, PSP or equivalent) preferred.
- Nigerian national
- Good understanding of operating in central and northern states
- Previous experience of working for an INGO
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Previous police or military experience desirable due to wider contact network
Local Terms and Conditions apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and fill the “Application Form” and “Equal Opportunities Form” below and submit as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Application Deadline 10th February, 2019.
- We anticipate that interviews will take place in late February at the Nigeria Country Office.
- We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
- We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.