Job For Warehouse Officer at the Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Position to start: 1st quarter 2019
Contract Duration: 5 months
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs.
- ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Dikwa.
The Warehouse Officer is expected to:
- Inform the relevant Program staff/managers upon the receipts and dispatches and coordinate with them, as it may be necessary. Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery.
- Ensure stock movement documentations are updated and stock reports are produced on time.
- Ensure stocks Reports are circulated to all sector Managers biweekly or on monthly basis and per request.
- Ensure all power generation equipment, electric appliances and power systems are well maintained
- Ensure issues related to power systems are timely reported and solutions are sought under the guidance of the Logistics Manager.
- Monthly reports of use and maintenance are produced and submitted to the Supply Chain Officer
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Arrange for the distribution of program supplies as per plan and coordinate with program teams.
- Ensure safe transportation of program mail pouches to the field offices and the relevant procedures are adhered to by the drivers and mail carriers.
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Warehouse in line with the Assets recording system for the country program
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized; recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the ACTED guidelines and policies.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse is reported to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores is well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of warehouse & stores inventories are correctly recorded and documented; authorized and paper work is done as per procedures.
General Work and Filing:
- Implement standard ACTED Warehouse System and procedures
- Provide training and support to other logistics colleagues when requested.
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Ensure all paper work is kept according to ACTED’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do not contradict the organization’s policies.
- Qualification: BA/B.Sc/HND/MBA/M.Sc/MA
- Experience: 2 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th February, 2019.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered
- ACTED/REACH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates, we apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The subject of the Ccover Letter must read: “Application –Warehouse Officer Dikwa”.