Several Research Assistants Job Openings at Nuru International
Nuru International is an NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Start Date: April, 2019
Duration: Two Weeks
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Slot: Thirty-Four (34) Openings
- The Research Assistant (enumerator) will be responsible for primary data collection during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc for Nuru Nigeria in Michika LGA.
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E unit in the collection of primary data during surveys, assessment and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with standard
- Perfect all required data quality checks as instructed during data collection
- Proper records and documentation of all survey materials
- Daily update on activity progress
- Transcribing and translating qualitative data
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Linguistics or with One (1) year experience working in related role
- Speaks, reads and writes fluently in English, Kamwe, Hausa & Fulfulde required
- Knowledge of operational area
- Previous experience as an emergency or Research Assistant working with an NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrates understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in North East Nigeria
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Ms Word & Excel programs
- Use of Mobile Data Applications
- Strong typing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast paced evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Prior experience of carrying out surveys, conducting interviews, and undertaking assessments.
- Experience implementing electronic data collection methods.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.